Chapter 9

⚠️TW: Death, suicide

Word count: 729
__________________

Mina kisses my cheek and I start crying. She holds me and says, "Baby it's okay, we'll find eachother again." I ask, "You think so?" She answers, "I'm sure of it."

I say, "I love you Wilhelmina. Marrying you was the best thing I ever did." She replies, "I love you too Y/n, saying I do was the best decision I've ever made."

She takes the blade and puts it up and onto the skin of her arm then slide it down her arm. Tons of bleed seeps out and she repeats on the other side. Putting her arms in the water she screams out in pain.

I sob and say, "I love you." I grab my blade and repeat what she did and then also scream out in pain. I lay sideways with my head on her chest and look at the red bath water. I feel her heart stop and a few seconds later, I slip into blackness.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I wake up sitting in a chair infront of a woman at her desk. She looks through a bunch of papers and says, "Hello recent deather, I'm Stephanie and you've reached the neutral spot." I ask confused, "What?"

She adds, "I look through everyone's files of their lives and decide whether or not they go up or down, the light location, or the dark location and which level you belong in. Looking through your papers, you are going to level two of the dark location."

I ask, "What does that mean?" She replies, "Well I'm glad you asked, well not really, damn I'm actually getting really sick of this job. I've only been doing it since the beginning of time. But the good thing is, it's my last time doing it since your the last person to die ever again, boom retirement baby!"

I ask, "The last one? What about the outpost three members?" She responds, "Oh the last one died a couple of months ago. They tried to make the government work but got into huge arguments and ended up just killing eachother."

I ask, "Oh. Are you like a god?" She answers, "Yeah I'm one of them around here. Now there are different levels of the dark location. Level one is the people who almost had it to the light location and just had a few too many screw ups. Level two is actually my personal favorite, it's the lgbtq people so you've got your lady gaga, taylor swift, and lil nas X celebrities. It's so fun I always visit and go to the concerts. The good god is kinda a dickhead and didn't want to hangout with the lgbtq people but then once he saw how much fun they're having, he wanted them to join him and bad god told him to fuck off, funny story right."

  I ask, "And that's my level?" She nods and replies, "It sounds scary like Oooo the dark location but it's actually really chill except for levels three and four. They actually kind of get tortured sometimes. Those are your bad people and then your bad bad people like Adolf Hitler and things." I nod.

  She pushes a button and a door opens. She says, "Alright friend go enjoy your eternity." I ask, "You said lgbtq people, so my wife will be there too right?" She responds, "Oh yep yes, Willamina will be there, ahh you guys are so cute."

  I stand up and wave goodbye and take a deep deep breath before walking through the door.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

  I enter another place with a man sitting at a desk. The room is dark and looks like all the lights have been turned off. There's a chair that looks like it's for me to sit in.

  He looks my way and asks, "Y/n Y/l/n?" I reply, "It's actually Y/n Venable Y/l/n." He responds, "Till death do us part so you're not actually married anymore, but if you like, you can remarry if that's what you want."

  I say confused, "Oh." He adds gesturing for me to sit in the blue flower printed chair, "I'm Reed, here sit down." I sit and ask, "Another room?"

  He answers, "Yes, that first room was informing you on the more generic information and this room is more the specifics. Ready to get started?"