Chapter 3: The first lesson

Song of the chapter: Kiss You by One Direction

- - -

Once Marinette hears the bell ring, signaling that the school day is finally over, she yells a quick 'bye' to Alya and Nino before heading towards the exit of the building.

Alya seems a little confused but she forgets it easily because well... It's Marinette overall.

The silly girl is now running towards her home, her dark blue colored pigtails following her up-and-down movements.

The bell of the bakery rings as she opens the door and Marinette is grateful that her parents seem to not be there, maybe at the back of the house or something. This way she'll avoid a lot of questions about where she's going and also she will save a lot of time.

When she gets into her room, she quickly drops her backpack on her bed before grabbing a tote bag where all the essentials for her lesson are in.

She would have gone to Adrien straight out of school, but then she would have had to bring her backpack and she didn't want that because well... It's not exactly mature or fashionable but also it's simply not practical.

After she has the tote bag slung over her shoulder, she runs downstairs again, this time passing her parents, but she simply yells a 'bye' once again before rushing on the pavement in front of the entrance of the bakery.

She grabs her phone and luckily Adrien's address is still in her history since she checked how far it was the night before. That once again saves a lot of time.

It's quite a walk towards Adrien's house, so Marinette decides to run. It's now half past four and running it will probably take her 20 minutes before she's there, so she's on schedule for once.

-

A lot of puffs of air and taps of her shoes on the pavement later, she has reached Adrien's apartment.

Her eyes trail over the building, examining it with her bluebell eyes, before ringing the bell of Adrien's apartment.

She's slightly early, but she decides that that should not be a problem. At least, she hopes so.

A few seconds a low buzz sounds before a voice is heard. "Hello?" It says. "Marinette?" Adrien speaks.

"Uhm, yeah." Marinette squeaks, her nerves suddenly hitting her like a brick falling on top of her head. "Yeah, it's me. Sorry I'm early."

"That's fine." Adrien assures and then Marinette hears a click, indicating the door is now opened.

She pushes forward against the wooden entrance and it indeed turns out to not be shut anymore.

The girl moves upwards on the stairs until she has reached the third floor where Adrien's apartment is located.

Marinette walks towards the door before knocking, bouncing on her feat because of the nerves that are coursing through her body.

It doesn't take long before the door is opened and Adrien appears at the doorway with a small grin. "Hi, Marinette. Welcome to my humble abode."

The latter giggles softly at the posh way Adrien is speaking and she walks inside after the blonde gestures her to come in.

"Well, since you're early, do you want to start earlier?" Adrien asks while walking towards the couch where the television is still turned on. There are school books scattered on the table and Marinette therefore assumes that Adrien is still in school.