Chapter 9: Trouble in paradise

Song of the chapter: COMPLETE MESS by 5 Seconds of Summer

- - -

Marinette is all prepared for one of the most important times in her life. She's ready to have her virginity taken.

She has shaved practically her whole body, washed her hair thoroughly and sprayed an awful lot of perfume on her skin.

And now she throws a lock of hair over her shoulder as she knocks on the door of Adrien's apartment, letting out a nervous sigh while doing so.

Adrien looks bewildered, Marinette notices after he has opened the door. His hair is messy and it seems like the blonde hasn't slept well.

"Hi, Adri," Marinette greets her teacher with a grin, not hesitating like she used to do when they first met to step inside.

Out of routine Marinette kicks of her shoes and throws down her bag afterwards before looking at Adrien again.

She then notices that he hasn't spoken a word to her yet and a frown forms onto the girl's face. "Adrien, are you okay?"

When he hears his name, he looks up and gives Marinette a not so convincing smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Do you want something to drink?"

Marinette shakes her head and laughs. "I don't think that's such a good idea since I don't want to go to the toilet during my first time."

She says it jokingly, but Adrien doesn't seem to find it funny according to the face he's pulling. His lips do tug up, but not into a smile but into a grimace.

"I don't think a small glass of water could hurt but if you don't want to, that's your choice," Adrien assures but it's clearly not wholeheartedly.

The blonde is trying to delay the moment of truth though it's clearly not working. Marinette, however, doesn't catch up on this.

"Well, do you have all the essentials if you get what I mean? We don't want another pregnancy scare do we?" Marinette jokes, laughing softly.

Adrien swallows thickly and knows that he has to tell Marinette the truth now. He can't stall it anymore and besides, Marinette deserves to know the truth. She's all excited and it's all for nothing.

"Mari, about that-"

"Oh, you don't have it? Is that why you're acting weird?" Marinette asks, tilting her face to the side.

"Well, no not exactly-"

"Then what is it?" Marinette asks, clearly frustrated. The bluenette hates that Adrien is acting weird and that she doesn't know why. She just wants to fix it, but as long as he won't tell her what's the cause of the problem, it's a little bit hard.

"Marinette could you just let me explain?" Adrien asks with a sigh.

Marinette quickly nods, now feeling guilty about unconsciously interrupting Adrien the whole time.

After Marinette's conformation, Adrien gives her a small smile before talking. "I do have all the essentials but I'm still afraid that we can't do it."

"Why not?" Marinette frowns.

When she sees Adrien give her a meaningful look, she immediately shuts up. Just after she agreed to keep her mouth shut, she fucks up already. Oops.

"Before you understand me incorrectly, know that it's me and not you." Adrien starts, making Marinette frown. "It's just that I'm in no state to do the last lesson with you. I have some personal issues that don't allow me to do so."

Marinette has so many questions, but she knows that she has to let Adrien continue explaining everything to her before replying. She does shoot him a questioning glance though, so he knows that she's confused.