Chapter 12; dreams

Armin's POV:

After our little fight, y/n and I went to bed. She was snuggled out next to me, completely passed out while I just stared at the ceiling. I was pissed. I didn't show it but I was angry with Samara. But I also couldn't be too angry with her because she was almost doing what I had done with y/n and Colt.

Although my reasoning for my actions had logic, hers did not. I didn't want the one I love, to go down a path of misery while Samara was trying to strip away my happiness. She wasn't doing me any good in her actions.

y/n and I were finally moving forward but now I have to talk with Samara and set things straight so y/n and I could continue to move forward again. She already had trust issues and this only made it so much worse, she'd never trust me if things like this kept happening.

I hated how hurt she looked when she walked in, she had a thin layer of tears coating her eyes all because Samara ran her mouth with a bunch of lies. I hated seeing her like that, especially when it was directed at me. While I was once a person she trusted more than anyone else, now I was someone she constantly questioned. It was all my fault though, if I'd never hurt her, she wouldn't be so scared and untrusting.

I had to stop my mind from racing or sleep would never come so with one last glance at her sleeping body draped out mine, I cleared my head and put everything off until tomorrow. I'd message Samara and set things straight and all would be good.

Closing my eyes and shifting my body to cradle hers more, I finally gave into the exhaustion my body held. As soon as I fell into a deep sleep, my mind created beautiful pictures that drew me into them like it was real.

~

"Armin, can you bathe her? She fell in the mud." y/n called from the kitchen while she cooked dinner.

I walked over and looked out the back door to see a little girl outside, running in the rain while her body was covered in a thick layer of mud. The smile on the little girl's face was intoxicating, like the rain was her favorite thing in the world.

"She's having a blast, I'll leave her for a bit." I smiled at the girl before stepping away and walking over to y/n. My hands slipped around her waist, chin resting on her shoulder while she stirred the chili that was on the stove. "Smells good."

"Kai's been asking for it for weeks so I decided to surprise him. That reminds me, are you still okay to pick him up from his swim practice in a bit?" I nod my head against her shoulder. "Those kids sure picked up their love for water from you."

I lifted my head from her shoulder and peaked out the window above the sink to see our daughter still playing in the rain. "They got their looks from you." I took in the girls' features and how perfectly they matched her mothers. Her skin was soft, glowly and youthful. She was the image of y/n when we first met, even if she was only around the age of six.

"You're such a sap." She held out the wooden spoon to me so I blew on the end before taking some of the chili into my mouth. The taste melted into my tongue, all the flavors very apparent. "Kai's going to love it. It tastes amazing."

y/n smiled and placed the spoon back in the pot before turning off the stove. "You go get Kai from his practice and I'll get Kaya in the bath so she's clean for dinner." She walked over to the backdoor, opening it to call Kaya. "Kaya, time to come in now! It's almost dinner time."

"Ok mommy!" Kaya called back, taking a few more minutes to jump in the puddles pooling in our backyard.

As y/n closed the door and turned around, I only then noticed the very noticeable bump her stomach had. I didn't know how I didn't feel it when I wrapped my arms around her but it was there, she was pregnant.