Refuge

As Y/N made his way towards the walls, he could see bright lights not too far ahead coming his way. The sources of the lights appears to be soldiers on horses. This doesn't look good, there is no place to hide.
Y/N: Crap think! I'll try to play innocent. Hopefully they let me inside.
Y/N quickly thought of a plan before the soldiers on horses reach him.
One particular soldier looked shocked and confused seeing you.
Soldier: The hell?! Another outside the walls? How'd you get here kid?
Y/N: I... don't know. I don't have a family or a home.
The soldier speaking to Y/N then looked at his comrades.
Soldier: You all continue with the mission! I'll take him back inside the walls!
They all knew what to do and charged off with their torches and horses pass Y/N and the soldier who are both now alone.
Soldier: Come.
He lent out his hand to Y/N to which Y/N grabbed and he lifted Y/N up onto the back of the horse. The soldier then rode back to the walls.
Soldier: Do you remember anything?
Y/N: No...
Soldier: I see. Normally we'd imprison anyone found roaming outside the walls, but this isn't the first time I made an exception. I'll introduce you to someone I know. He could look after you if you want.
Y/N: I'd like that.
Y/N said.
Soldier: Hm good. What's your name kid?
Y/N: I'm Y/N.
Soldier: So Y/N, don't go back outside the walls. It's dangerous out here. I'm Keith if you ask.
Y/N: Yeah. He's nice.
Y/N thought as the gates opened and the horse walked through the gates.
Keith: We're now in the Shiganshina district. Are you hungry?
Y/N: No I'm fine.
Keith: Then I'll take you to his residence. He's a good man so don't worry.
Y/N simply nodded.
When they finally arrived at the house, Keith knocked at the door. There was a short wait until the door opened to reveal a man with glasses.
Keith: Grisha, this boy here lost his parents and needs a place to stay. Can you let him stay here for a while?
Grisha looked at Y/N then back at Keith.
Grisha: Of course. We'd be more than happy to help.
Grisha then looked at Y/N again.
Grisha: What's your name?
Y/N said his name.
Grisha: Nice to meet you Y/N, we have plenty of room in here feel free to make yourself at home.
Grisha looked back and called out everyone in the house.
Grisha: Carla! Eren! We have someone who will be staying here for a while!
Keith went back to his horse and a woman and a young boy revealed themselves. The woman who is Carla spoke first.
Carla: He will be staying here? Did something happen?
Grisha: He lost his parents now he has no place to stay.
Grisha looked at the boy who looks confused.
Grisha: Eren, this is Y/N. Get along with each other okay?
Eren doesn't respond and just stares at Y/N with the same look. It would take time to gain his trust and friendship.

1 Day Later, Morning
Y/N woke up from his sleep. He spent all day last night thinking on how to get close to the king. He figured he would join the Military Police to get close to the Royal Family. He was told about life in the walls from Grisha which was valuable information to Y/N. He now knew what to do. Y/N got up and got properly dressed then went to the kitchen.
Carla noticed that he was now up.
Carla: Oh Y/N good morning! There's plenty of food at the table!
There it was in all its glory. Such a wide variety of food on the table that it was like a feast.
Y/N: Oh? Thank you that looks delicious.
Y/N went to the table where Eren was already sitting at.
Y/N: 'Morning Eren.
Eren: Hey.
Y/N sat on the opposite side of Eren who looks like he was already finished with his meal.
Grisha grabs his briefcase and adjusts his glasses.
Grisha: Eren and I have to visit someone so we'll be heading out now.
Y/N eats a spoonful of porridge.
Y/N: Can I ask who?
Eren stands up and walks towards Grisha and Grisha opens the door.
Grisha: A few friends of mine. Anyways ask Carla if you need anything.
Grisha and Eren leave the house and close the door.
Carla: He can be very busy sometimes.
Y/N: Hah... uh Mrs. Yeager?
Carla: No need to speak so formally. Call me 'mom' okay?
Y/N: Woah! Now I was not expecting that... uh, mom...
Carla smiled and continued washing the dishes.
Carla: Your food is gonna get cold if you keep talking you know?
Y/N: Ah right.
Well time to enjoy this meal.