Conflict

I was hoping to meet Frieda again for some time now but every time I ask her to go out she just brushes me off and tells me the same excuse. That she's busy. It's been like this for an entire week and it concerns me. Was she still mad at me for wanting to join the scouts? Walking aimlessly through the town thinking of a way to make up with Frieda, I saw her walking in my direction on the same sidewalk I'm on. She doesn't seem to notice me as there are quite a lot of people getting by so I wave my hand in the air to try and catch Frieda's attention.

Y/N: Hey Frieda it's me!
I yelled a little bit too loudly as people started to look at me with a curious expression. Frieda seemed to have heard me yelling as she turned her head towards me and stopped in place. I made my way towards Frieda through the populated sidewalk. Seconds later I reached Frieda and stopped in front of her with our eyes meeting. Her eyes seem to look more normal now, unlike in the time of her unexpected outrage. It's a bit strange but relieving.
Frieda: Y/N? What are you doing here?
Y/N: I was about to head back to my district. How about you?
Frieda: I was just going back home..
Her tone sounds a bit agitated which made me a little unconvinced.
Y/N: Are you sure? You know you can talk to me about anything.
Frieda: D-don't worry about me dear. I've just been getting exhausted more recently.
Y/N: Well if you say so. Actually I was wondering if you have time then maybe-
Frieda: Sorry. Not today.
Y/N: Huh?
Frieda: I have to deal with something important so I don't have much free time.
Y/N: Oh...
This is normally how it always goes now. Turned down on the spot.
Y/N: It's okay. Maybe next time?
Frieda: Yeah. Ask me again another time okay?
Frieda leans in and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. She then withdraws and smiles at me.
Y/N: Right yeah.
Frieda: I have to hurry now, see you!

Frieda hugs and walks pass me with her hair flowing through the wind as she walks away without looking back. While watching her leave I am overcome by this sudden urge to secretly follow her. I just want to know what's been keeping her so busy all the time. What's so important that needs so much of her attention? Does she need my help? Curiosity and impatience got the best of me as I begin to follow Frieda from afar, hiding behind walls, objects, and if there was no place to hide I would stand behind people. I'll have to apologize to her later. Frieda passed through the gate leaving Orvud which I slowly made my way to and left the district as well. The garrison troops at the gate already know me since I pass by frequently so they let me through after greeting me. Frieda was already almost out of sight so I ran to catch up with her while staying undetected using the trees as a quick but temporary hiding spot. After hours of walking and trying to stay out of sight, Frieda reached what appears to be a chapel. It doesn't look like the typical fancy chapel I expected and the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere raises some questions. She then walked inside which was my queue to sneak up to the entrance and listen in through the door. I heard footsteps slowly getting fainter as if they were descending. Thinking that the coast is clear, I quietly and slowly opened the door and peaked inside but no one was there. How's that possible? I see no other exit. Being completely baffled I then walked inside of the chapel and started to explore. No one was really in here and it just looked like any ordinary chapel. Still, where did Frieda go if she walked inside? While continuing to investigate the place, a carpet behind me started to move which made me face back almost immediately. Under the carpet was a trapdoor that I never noticed beforehand and a familiar figure came out and spotted me.
Frieda: Y/N...?
Y/N: Before you say anything I can expla-
Frieda: What are you doing? You shouldn't be here!
Y/N: I'm sorry I'll-
Frieda speedwalked towards me and practically yanked my hand and took me outside.
Y/N: Frieda wait I was just worried about you!
Frieda released my hand and faced me with a different look in her eyes.
Frieda: I TOLD YOU I WAS BUSY!
This was the second time she snapped at me. I understand why but knowing her she would never lose her temper like that. I had no words.
Frieda: You could have seen something you shouldn't have!
Y/N: Seen something? I don't know what you're talking about but please hear me out!
Frieda: No I can't let you remember this! As a matter of fact I'm going to-!
Frieda grabbed my arm as she was yelling and I felt a sudden surge of electricity. It was a strange feeling and Frieda looked surprised. Did she feel it too? She then backed away from me in a hurry and started to look worried.
Y/N: Frieda?
Frieda: Oh god, what have I done?
Frieda suddenly collapsed on her bottom and held her head with both arms. I ran towards her concerned.
Y/N: Frieda are you okay?!
Frieda: Y/N I'm- I'm sorry! I don't know what's happening to me!
Frieda started to tear up. I could feel my heart slowly breaking. Not knowing what to do, I went down to her level and held her in my arms. She broke down into tears.
Frieda: Please... someone help me...
I could barely hear her through her sobbing. All I could do was hold her tightly and comfort her.
Y/N: Shhh everything is going to be alright okay? I'll be there for you so please, tell me what's wrong.
I looked directly at her eyes.
Frieda: I... I'm sorry... Sob I can't...
Y/N: Why not? I want to help you!
Frieda: I just... need to be alone for a while, please.
Frieda began to wipe her tears and stood up. She then walked away, leaving me behind. I decided it was best not to follow her. I wish I could've done more to help her... but she has to let me in first.

1 Hour Later, Shiganshina District
I didn't have it in me to even eat the food I was served. I was too lost in my own thoughts wondering what is going on with Frieda. I couldn't really think of anything reasonable and it made me feel hopeless. Grisha noticed my daydreaming and shook me out of it.
Grisha: Are you okay? You look like you've seen something horrific.
Y/N: Oh, it's nothing.
I tried to hide my emotions and started to eat. Grisha then walked out of the kitchen before giving me a suspicious look.