Reiss

Y/N and Frieda were walking through Orvud District again. It had been a standard for the both of them to have a casual stroll and talk about how their days are going. Today was not much different but Y/N and Frieda were planning on what they could do together for a change from their usual activities.

Frieda: Hey Y/N don't you get bored going around the same block?
Y/N: I guess. There's not really much change happening here. Do you want to do something?
Frieda: Not really... oh I know!
Y/N: Mhm?
Frieda: You haven't been to my house yet right? Why don't you come over sometime!
Y/N: Huh?! Are you sure your parents won't get mad?
Frieda: They don't have to know~ besides they won't be home this week.
Y/N: Really? What are they doing?
Frieda: Family affairs. Nothing interesting.
Y/N: I see... then can I stop by tomorrow?
Frieda: Perfect! Just come in if I don't answer the door. It'll be open.
Y/N: Um sure. This will be my first time at her house. Hopefully it doesn't get too awkward.
Frieda: I can't wait! What should I wear? How should I do my hair? Help me decide! I need a man's input!
Y/N: Woah no need to go all out. Besides you're already beautiful as is.
Frieda: Aww you're sweet. But I need to think!
Y/N: Alright alright.

1 day later, Y/N POV
This should be the place. Wow her house is huge. What does her family doing for a living? Anyways I hope Frieda's home. I knock on the door but no one answers. Maybe she didn't hear? I knock on the door louder the next time.
Y/N: Hello?! It's me Y/N!
Again no response. She did say that I can come in if she doesn't answer so...
I twist the doorknob slowly and carefully push open the door. Looks like it really was unlocked. I walk inside of the house and close the door behind me.
Y/N: I'm coming in. Is anyone home?
Looks like no one is here. Is Frieda maybe in her room? I wander around the the house hoping to find Frieda somewhere. As I search the house I can hear movement in the room next to me. Is she in there? I put my ear up against the door and listen for any sounds but all I can hear is clothes rustling? Is she changing?! No no no I'm just jumping to conclusions. I shouldn't be eavesdropping in the first place! Calm down calm down. I regain my composure and knock on the door.
Frieda: Eh? Come in!
I open the door once given permission and I see Frieda combing her hair in front of her mirror. Luckily she's fully dressed, phew.
Frieda: Oh Y/N you're already here.
Y/N: Yeah, I like your house. It's fancy.
Frieda: Thanks. You can sit on my bed if you want.
I go inside of her room at sit down on her bed. It's my first time in another girl's room. Frieda continues combing her hair in the mirror. There was a moment of silence until Frieda spoke first.
Frieda: Can you brush my hair for me?
Y/N: Huh? Oh yeah sure.
I stand up and Frieda hands me her brush. I stand behind her chair and start to brush the back of her hair carefully.
Frieda: Just like that~
She says with a smile. I kept on brushing her hair for some time now, Im starting to enjoy doing it.
Frieda: You can stop now, thank you.
She said while looking at the mirror to watch how I was doing. She holds her hand out and I place the brush in her hand. She then puts the brush on her desk.
Frieda: Do you want anything to drink?
Y/N: No I'm fine.
I then remembered something.
Y/N: Wait the scouts are returning from their expedition right? We can make it in time if we go now.
Frieda: The scouts? You want to see them?
Y/N: Yeah, hopefully they all survived.
Frieda: Yeah... okay let's hurry then.
Frieda got up from her chair and we left the house to go to the wall where the scouts are returning from. When we reach the walls, only a small number of scouts returned from the expedition, carrying a wagon filled with dead bodies and wounded soldiers. It was truly a horrific sight to see. The scouts that weren't injured by the titans look traumatized by the experiences they faced. Is the Marleyan operation affecting everyone in the walls this badly? I can't help but feel a bit of pity. I look at Frieda who looks indifferent, as if she's used to these kinds of things happening.
Y/N: Is this what the scouts have to go through every mission?
Frieda: Yes. The outcome never changes.
This is supposed to be good thing. This makes retaking the founding titan easier right? But I can't just stand by and watch this happen under my nose, it doesn't sit right with me. What if Frieda is next in the hands of a titan? No, I cannot let that happen. I need to protect her somehow. But how?
Frieda: Is something wrong? You've been staring at me for a while now.
Y/N: Eh? Sorry.
I avert my gaze. Now I know. The only way to protect Frieda is by becoming one of them. A scout.
Y/N: Hey I need to ask for your opinion.
Frieda: What is it?
Y/N: What do you think of me joining the Scout Regim-
Frieda: NO!
I snap my head towards Frieda and what I saw was something completely different. Frieda has a different look in her eyes. Was that really her? I had never seen her snap before.
Y/N: Frieda...
I can't let any words out, Im left speechless.
Frieda: You must not put your life at risk and venture outside the walls. As long as the titans are on the other side we can live our lives in ignorance and peace, until the moment they breach our walls.
Y/N: Until the titans breach the walls? Are you hearing yourself right now?
Frieda: We must all pay for our sins and that is to die in silence. That is the future for us within these walls.
Why is she so against life in the walls? What has she become? Is she still the woman I know?