The Incredible Hulk Manhunter Volume 1 Issue 1

On the planet Mars there lived a civilization one of the people there named J'onn J'onzz left his planet and went to Earth and shape shifted into a human form taking the name of one of the humans there. The human whose name he took was Bruce J'onzz a human who was rumored to have recently died on a mission to Mars. Bruce (talking about J'onn now) was fascinated by Earth science and got a job as a gamma scientist while there he fell in love with a woman named Rose Ross one of General Sam Ross' daughters. While working Bruce created a gamma bomb as order by Sam Ross, he decided to test the gamma bomb but it went wrong and a boy named Buddy Jones got trapped and Bruce using his powers ran as quickly as he could to save him. However he was only fast enough to get Buddy inside the base before the gamma bomb killed him it would have killed him (if this was the real world) but instead it did something way worse. It trapped him in his human form and now he could only turn back into his Martian form whenever angered or stressed.

 It trapped him in his human form and now he could only turn back into his Martian form whenever angered or stressed

(Note: Just like with the Iron Bat image I don't own this image so make sure to give credit to the original owner)

Which is exactly what he did when the bomb hit him  he though he was stuck inside his Martian from and that everyone would see who he truly was. Which they did but as soon as he calmed himself he turned back to human form but instead of Sam Ross thinking that the green bulky form was his main form he guessed that the bomb had given Bruce the form. Sam Ross was also happy with the results and requested that Bruce used the form for military purposes Bruce however refused thinking that maybe one day if he kept turning into his Martian form he might become stuck with it but made up the excuse that he's not quite sure how to control his new powers. Sam however refused that remark and told Bruce that there was no refusing this as it was in his contract and so Bruce ran away. Sam began searching for him and sent his soldiers after him and every time they caught up to him Bruce was forced to anger himself to turn himself into his Martian form in order to defeat the military. Bruce decided he had to go to an undisclosed location that the military wouldn't even think of finding him so he went to Mexico and things became fine and while there Bruce attempted to cure himself of the gamma radiation that was keeping him in human form however all his test failed. He began sending his blood samples to a scientist named Lawrence Sterns, however most of the test came back failed. One day Bruce slipped up when he accidentally cut his hand and dropped some blood into a beer bottle on of many being sent around the world for him to drink. He managed to scoop up some of the blood but not all of it and Sam was alerted to this and sent out military members including a new soldier who unbeknownst to Sam was Bruce's brother Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz who had taken the human form of a human named Malifeck Blonsky a human who had also died on the same mission to Mars that the human Bruce had taken the name of died. Malifeck had come to bring Bruce home as he was worried about him and they had won the war on their home planet (a war which had to do with that mission to Mars). However when Malifeck and the military had finally caught up to Bruce he was distressed by what had happened to Bruce trapped in a human body by an explosion only being able to turn back into his Martian form when inexplicably angered out of senses. Malifeck knew he would need help from the humans if he was going get his brother back so he began to upgrade his body by injecting himself with a crystal called Super X-Krypto serum which only upgraded his body slightly making him faster than any normal human on Earth. Meanwhile Bruce had re-met with Rose Ross who was now dating another man however she couldn't keep herself away from Bruce as soon as they accidentally reunited. Bruce told Rose about his plan to meet with the scientist named Lawrence Sterns and after a run in with the military in which he accidentally smashed his brother into a tree not knowing it was Ma'alefa'ak he and Rose ran away. Then they met up with Lawrence and he tested a cure on Bruce making him able to turn back and forth from his Martian form at will. However whether this cure totally cured him from the radiation or not was to be seen, suddenly Bruce was captured and Sam told Bruce that if he cured himself of the Hulk Manhunter beast he would spend the rest of his life in prison. Meanwhile Malifeck angered by what his brother had done to him ordered Lawrence to inject him with his brother's infected blood. Lawrence however noticed that Malifeck was related Bruce and already had a little something injected into him already, but being that he was being threatened at gun point he injected Malifeck with Bruce's blood and the combination turned him into a beast Lawrence nicknamed Abomifleck. Abomifleck angered by this name through Lawrence into a drawer cutting open a piece of his head with some blood from Bruce going into it. On the helicopter with Ross, they suddenly got a message that they seemed to be dealing with a beast that looked like Hulk Manhunter but Ross told them that, that couldn't be possible as J'onzz was on the helicopter. Bruce told Ross that the only way to stop whoever this was, was to let him attack him so Ross let Bruce go and he shared a kiss with Rose before jumping off. Bruce tried to activate his Martian form only to find that he may have cured himself of it entirely and fell to the ground appearing dead. Only for it to turn out he had enough adrenaline from dying to turn into his Martian from, and Hulk Manhunter and Abomifleck began fighting with during the fight Bruce realizing who he was and that he was the person Bruce threw into a tree. Bruce attempted to apologize but Malifeck wouldn't have it and wanted revenge so he tried to kill Rose and Sam and Bruce had to defend them. Eventually they took their fight to the ground and since Malifeck refused to stop what he was doing Bruce was forced to strangle him in order to incapacitate him. Afterwards Bruce said his goodbyes to Rose before flying off into Europe where he tried to relearn to control his Martian powers.

Days later Bruce Stark would visit Samuel Ross in a bar to tell him that him and Nick were setting up a team.