Iron Bat Volume 1 Issue 2

On the day Bruce Stark announced the existence of Iron Bat far away a man and his wife Ivan Fries and his wife Nora Fries are watching TV when Nora falls ill. Ivan takes Nora to the hospital only to find that she won't survive unless Victor can continue paying for her treatment. So Victor resorts to stealing items as Whipfreeze using ice cold electric whips to get what he wants, one day his seller tells him that if Victor gets him an item from a car race coming up he'll give him enough money to keep Nora alive for 2 life times. Meanwhile Bruce would have Stark Enterprises announce that they were celebrating the life of his parents through the Stark Expo, after this Bruce would be sent to court by the government to discuss the weaponized suit he kept in his arsenal with them trying to convince him to give it up. Arthur Hammer of Hammer and Laughs a rival company that also made weapons but unlike Stark's company disguised them as children's toys would claim that they were very close to making Iron Bat suits. However Bruce showed that Hammer and his company were no where near as close as Bruce was and Bruce still wouldn't give up the suit even when the government tried to make Bruce look bad by forcing his friend Jim Rhodes to bad talk him right in front of his face. That was the last straw for Bruce and he left after making a fool out of the government, later that day Bruce would be introduced to the new secretary they hired named Natasha Cruz. Bruce welcomed her and in doing so saw that she had a knack for jewelry given the green ring that rested on her finger. Days later Bruce as part of a charity thing took place in a car race using his own customized car and advertised the engine they were using. While racing however Whipfreeze came in and froze his car causing a gas explosion that nearly killed Stark if it wasn't for the new suit he was wearing.

 While racing however Whipfreeze came in and froze his car causing a gas explosion that nearly killed Stark if it wasn't for the new suit he was wearing

(Note: Like the last 2 images I don't own this one give credit to the original creator)

He would've died when everyone asked where Bruce was Iron Bat claimed that using his new super sonic jets he had quickly placed Mr. Stark somewhere safe. Then the battle between Bruce and Whipfreeze began with Bruce almost losing if it wasn't for Vicky and Ace driving a car into him. Whipfreeze however survived having a car thrown at him and was promptly sent to prison. Bruce visited Mr. Fries in prison and asked where he got the technology to create a suit like that however Ivan wouldn't answer and vowed revenge on Stark for preventing him from saving his wife and stated that he wouldn't understand. So Stark left confused and afraid, the government was now angry at Stark as he said people in the world were way far away from every being able to replicate the Iron Bat suit but yet here they were and a nobody had replicated it and added extra weapons to it. Jim talked to Bruce about this and he admitted to Jim that he didn't know about this, so Jim decided to cover for Bruce. However they couldn't worry about that kind of stuff as it was now Bruce's birthday, Bruce tried to put his distance between everyone but one of the ladies had Bruce try some new type of alcohol he'd never tasted and suddenly with all the stress Bruce had on his shoulder he was partying and using the suit for purposes other than saving people. Rhodes couldn't stand this as he had just protected Bruce and already he was breaking Rhodes trust so Rhodes went down to Bruce's lab and took the first Iron Bat suit he created.

 Rhodes couldn't stand this as he had just protected Bruce and already he was breaking Rhodes trust so Rhodes went down to Bruce's lab and took the first Iron Bat suit he created

Then Rhodes went back up stairs and stated that the party was over and to stop it now, however Bruce was too drunk and continued to party. This began a fight between Rhodes and Stark with them nearly blowing each other to shreds but the fight ended in a stalemate and Rhodey flew off with Bruce being to drunk to go after him. Rhodes went to the military and told them that they could have the suit as long as he was the only one to wear it and nobody else did. Meanwhile at prison Arthur Hammer had staged a prison break to look like an assassination so he could get to Ivan Fries, after bringing him to his base. Arthur revealed himself as the Detroit Joker and told Ivan that he wanted him to create an army of Iron Bat super suits so he could make a fool out of Stark. Ivan agreed as long as Arthur could produce the cure for his wife's disease and Arthur agreed and so the 2 had a deal. Bruce after the whole even with Jim went outside a coffee shop to brood over what happened which led to a meeting with Nick Waller and the reveal that Natalia Cruz was actually an agent of S.H.A.R.G.U.S and a member of the green lantern corp. Bruce informed them of what happened and admitted that he couldn't do this alone no matter how much he wanted to but it seemed as though he was being forced to. Nick gave Bruce a message that his father recorded before his untimely death before Rick Coulson the person who along with Natalia had been keeping an eye on Bruce. Bruce watched the messaged and it inspired it to create a new suit but first he attempted to say hello to Vicky who after his drunken incident had been given ownership of Stark Enterprises. However Vicky didn't like this as she had no idea how to be CEO and Vicky was not in the mood for a "Hello" and would rather an apology. Bruce tried to give her one but failed and so decided to keep creating his new suit and study Ivan, meanwhile Ivan had created drones for Arthur instead of suit what he wanted annoying him. Later on Arthur also had a meeting with the military in which he upgraded the suit Rhodes had taken from Bruce and Rhodes took all the weapons. Then when the Stark Celebration happened Ivan told Bruce that he was going to ruin him by blowing the entire place up. So Bruce quickly finished his new and improved Iron Bat suit.

(Note: You people know the drill by now I don't own this image so go to the original creator and give them credit)

Then he flew off to the celebration, there Hammer showed off his new suits and drones but by the time Iron Bat came Ivan had hacked into them. Now Jim was being forced to fight Bruce something he didn't want to do, eventually thanks to help from Natalia and Ace they were able to stop Ivan's hacking however Ivan had a back up plan now it was Bruce and Jim against all the drones which one nearly shot a kid (the kid's name by the way is Peter Grayson) luckily though Stark stopped it. Hammer meanwhile was being sent to prison for working with a criminal, meanwhile Ivan had arrived wanting to finally defeat Stark in battle. However he failed when Bruce and Jim combined their blasts into one big one, however Ivan now knowing his wife would probably die decided to join her and in doing so take Bruce and Jim down with him. So Bruce and Jim flew away with Bruce quickly grabbing and rescuing Vicky and then Bruce apologized to her and confessed his feelings to her causing him and Vicky to share a kiss which Jim jokingly criticized. Nick also apologized to Bruce for doubting him and asked Bruce if there was anything he could do in which Bruce asked that she could get Bruce and Jim medals from the guy in the government who openly criticized him and Jim.

Meanwhile Rick Coulson had come to the sit he was called away to where a sword was stuck in the ground in which he told Fury about it.