Her back story

Her Origin Story
At nine, Denver Madwason was a hunter with her parents, Jammy and Will Madwason. Denver only went out to the field with them if it was going to be a short hunt, or if one of them could stay home while the other took care of business. If the hunt was going to be long or could get the slightest bit messy, she would hang out at Bobby's house. Bobby and Denvers relationship was similar to an uncle and a niece, they were best friends. They always had fun, while still getting work done. Her parents main occupation was hunting, but they did plenty of other things to make money. They ran credit card scams, did handyman jobs. The Madions bounced around from town to town, everytime with a new name and backstory. 

At twelve she went to Bobbys' like normal, they did some shooting, worked on some cars, played catch, and worked on Denver's studies. Bobby made sure that Denver knew the importance of getting her education. Sure, she moved around schools a lot, but she made sure to keep her grades up. The school near Bobby's house thought Denver was a part of a military family, or went on lots of vacations. Some of the kids speculated that her family was rich, they liked to imagine that she was out on a boat somewhere when she was not at school. Denver's parents began to hunt big "game". Because of this, Denver ended up at Bobby's house more often. Her parents became more comfortable with leaving her with Bobby and started going on longer hunts. The hunts started stretching from a couple days to a week, to a week to a month or so. However they made sure to check in at least one a week.

After a couple weeks she noticed it was taking longer for her parents to check in than usual, she could see that Bobby noticed too. Usually it wasn't a big deal, it just meant the hunt was getting a bit messy, their phone died, something like that. But this time it was different, something was off. Bobby pretended nothing was wrong and tried to assure Denver that they would be back soon, but she knew. She could see it on his face, hear it in the strain on his voice. He spent more time looking out the window, waiting by the phone, hoping.

Another week went by, Bobby sent a nearby hunter to check on them, they weren't answering their phones and they hadn't called in 5 weeks. They mostly checked in for Denver, to make her feel more at ease, she knew the dangers of the job. The Maddisons knew this, and always made sure to send a text. With their sudden silence, Bobby feared the worst.

Two Days later the hunter Bobby sent found their bodies.
At first Denver was in denial, she kept on watching out the window, waiting by the phone, like Bobby did. Waiting for her parents to come home, run through the door and just say that they got lost, maybe one of them got hurt and they were in the hospital. Maybe their phone just got lost or died. Hell, at one point , she was hoping that it was all some cruel prank. But, they never came home.

She stayed with Bobby for a while, he let her have a normal life, she went to the school, made some new friends, and she was in sports. She was good at school, "gifted" they said. Bobby got her into therapy, he didn't want her to go soft, lord knows what happens to those hunters. But he definitely didn't want a revenge driven monster, he had met a few to many. After around a year she seemed better, she was doing well in school and seemed to have her emotions under control. So Bobby made a hard choice.

Now that he was confident that she wouldn't be a revenge driven person, Bobby told her she had to get more into hunting, Bobby didn't go out into the field that often, so she wasn't getting enough exposure. Bobby considered letting her go out on her own, like she wanted. But they discussed why that would not be a good idea, you can't even legally drive at 13. Bobby asked Denver if she maybe wanted to go to a family full of hunters, a place where she could get the proper exposure and learn how to fend for herself with the safety net of an adult. She agreed. 

He brought her to an old motel.

That was the first time she saw John, Dean and Sam winchester.

At the time Dean was 17, Sam was 13. Same as her.