Chapter 4: The call from Mark

*10:00am*
*Monday*
Breakfast at the Styles house

Suddenly louis's phone rang and he went into another room to answer the phone call from his stepfather Mark.

*Meanwhile in the kitchen*:
"What do you think they are talking about, mom?"Harry asks curious about why Mark is calling louis.
"I don't know baby. He is sure going to tell you when he is back."Anne says.
When loius comes back he has a shocked expression on his face and tears in his eyes.
Harry immediately jumps of his chair and hugs louis tightly.
"What happened baby?" Harry asks with worry in his voice.
"My mum is in the hospital because of her leukaemia she probably has only a day left the doctor said" Louis says trying so hard not to burst out into tears.
"Oh my god. I am so sorry Boo! Do you want me to drive you to the hospital?"Harry asks shocked because of how suddenly this came.
*Harry POV*
"Sure, I want to say her goodbye." Louis says inbetween a few sobs that escape his mouth.
*20 minutes later*
*In the hospital*
We walk up to the front desk. "We are here to visit Johannah Tomlinson"
I say because Louis was still unable to think straight.
"She is on the second floor in room 217" The front lady says with an apologetic look on her face because she probably knows about Jay's current state.
As we walk in to the room Mark was sitting next to Jay's bed on a chair. Jay looks really bad she was connected to various machines. Louis has a look on his face I have never seen on him before. The sparkle in his eyes is gone and his face just looks blank like he has no emotions. I hold his hand thight in mine as we walk over to the bed I give it a little squeeze to show him I am here for him all the time.
"Hello mum"louis almost whispers.
"Hello my baby. How are you doing?"Jay says with a smile on her face as he looks at Louis.
"I am fine, i guess."Louis looks to his feed while talking unable to look his mum in the eyes.
"Look at me baby. I need you to look at me while I am talking to you. What I am going to say is really important and i wish I said these things before."Louis looks up to his mum while a few tears roll down his cheeks. I never saw him like that before. Most of the time he hides his feelings and I only saw him crying a few times.
Jay starts talking again while she holds Louis's hand and for the first time since we were here she looks at me with a small smile on her face."Hello Harry. I know I never really apreciated your relationship with my son and I am really sorry for that. You are a great person and my son couldn't been luckier. I don't even know why I acted like that. I guess it was just that I thought I knew everything about him and as he told me he was gay I was probably so shocked I didn't know what to do. I know that is no excuse. So I did the exact wrong thing. I wish I told you that I love you no matter what and we could have spend so much time together. But I didnt and i can't change it anymore. I will never forgive myself for that but I hope you can one day. I love you, both of you. I want you to be a part of our family, Harry. I want you two to marry and maybe adopt kids and just be happy. You can cry when I am gone but dont waste your preciuos time with that and enjoy the time you can spend together."
As Jay ended her "speech" we were all crying.
Louis was the first one to speak again"I forgive you mum with all of my heart. I love you too and I will never forget you. But I will try and enjoy all of the time I have now with Harry. With the knowledge that you will be 100% happy about it and you will always be in our hearts."
It took a moment until I could speak again because of all the tears that were running down my face"I love you too. I forgive you and thank you for letting me be a part of the family I will never forget that and you will also stay in my heart forever."
Jay looked at us for one last time before saying"Thank you guys so much for this. Now I am ready to go. If you wouldn't mind I would want to talk to Mark alone. I don't want you to be here when it is the time. I want you to remember me like that. Goodbye!"
I hugged her and said goodbye too. And as louis hugged here he whispered something I couldnt hear
Louis Pov
I leaned forward to hug my mum for one last time as I whispered in here ear"Goodbye! I will propose to Harry very soon just so you know and I whished you could have been there."
She whispered back and said "Don't worry baby i will be there."
That were the last words I heared from her.
Harry Pov
I shut the door behind me as louis collapsed on of the chairs in the corridor. I sat besides him on one of the chairs. Louis burrys his face into the crook of my neck as I wrapp my arms around him and whisper sweet nothings in his ear. I strock his back until he calms down a bit. "Louis,"I said"Let's drive back home, ok?"He looks up at me and looks into my eyes as he nodds.
On the drive back home Louis didn't said a word and just looked out the window.
But that was ok I guess. I wasn't in the mood to talk either. We both had do process what just happened and that was totally normal.
----------------------------------------------
I tried my best to explain why Jay did it. I hope it was ok.
Thoughts?