Dele- tough day

Today was a day Dele had been dreading, he was going back to Tottenham stadium which he once called home.

Dele now plays for Everton, and it's been going well he really loves it there but he misses what he used to have.

You promised to be with him today, as you knew it was going to be a tough day.

Pulling into the car park that you knew all to well, you walked in and sat in the friends and family box.

You watched as the game went on, Everton losing badly. Dele was eventually subbed on, and all around you people were singing his chant, spurs fans showing their appreciation for him and all he done, and Everton fans as they are happy to have him.

The game came to and end, Everton unfortunately losing 5-0.

Dele walked around the pitch hugging a few old teammates, he looked over to see if he could see you, and once he did he felt a bit more comfortable.

You watched as he hugged Son, someone who he is very close with. You saw him wipe his eyes and your heart broke.

He was walked over to the spurs fans, and gave them a wave as they sang his song, he looked devastated that his journey at Tottenham has come to an end for good.

You left the stadium and went back to your car, you waiting for dele as he wanted to come to hotel with you tonight  and not on the coach.

You smiled immediately when you saw him walk out.

"Hey baby" you said

"Hey" he said

"You okay?" You asked

He smiled and nodded but you could see through it.

"Come here" you opened your arms as he walked closer and fell into your arms

You let him stay like that for a while before pulling back to look at him

"It's okay if your upset dele" you said

"I'm fine honestly" he said with a sniff, and then a tear fell

You smiled at him, and he laughed

"See? Fine!" He laughed as a few more tears fell

You laughed at him, pulling him into a hug once again.

He cried a little as you hugged him, you tried to comfort him the best you could but you knew he was hurting and there wasn't much you could do to stop it.

"Come on, let's go" you said kissing his cheek, he got into the car and you drove the both of you to the hotel.

Once you arrived you checked in, dele didn't let go of your hand the whole time.

"What's up" you asked as you got into the lift.

"Nothing" he said

You didn't ask again as he clearly didn't want to talk about it.

You got into the hotel room and got ready for bed, dele was already in bed once you was ready.

You slipped into bed next to him, and he immediately turned to look at you.

You looked at him and pulled a funny face which made him laugh

"You alright" you asked playing with a bit of his hair

He nodded "I'm not even mad we lost, I don't wanna lose of course, but part of me felt okay with it cause it still feels like my team" he said

"It will feel weird, you don't really know any different, that was your team for years" you said calmly "but you just have to try and look to the future now, be grateful for the past, and be excited for the future"

"Yeah I know" he said

You moved so he could lay his head on your chest.

"Thank you" he said

You kissed the top of his head "you don't ever have to thank me for anything"

"I love you" he said

"I love you" you replied