Chapter 3

Arlow Leilland was a tall, balding, portly man, with age spotted greasy skin and dark beady eyes and palms that always seemed to be sweaty. Marlena had met with him a few times in the past for Russell on behalf of Valenciano, and every time her skin had crawled for days afterward. He made a point every time they met to touch her as much as possible, running his hands over her arms, thighs, any skin he could touch. She hated it. Just the thought of him turned her stomach. She had tried to back out of the deal with Russ when she'd finally opened the envelope, seeing the "mission" she had been assigned. She had done a lot of vile things in order to help Russ before, but this took the cake. Now, sitting in the hired car outside of the only upscale hotel and restaurant in the tiny west Texas town, she had to take slow deep breaths to keep from throwing up. Leiland had only been promised a dinner with Marlena, however he planned to take full advantage of the situation, having booked a private room for them in the hotel for afterwards. Marlena, however had been promised by Russell that nothing would happen. He had promised that he would be there waiting to intervene before the slimy judge got too far, before anything happened, but she couldn't help but be doubtful. Her hands shook as the driver exited the car and held a hand out for her. She stepped out, her gold heels hitting the cement sidewalk as she stood up, the slinky gold dress laying at mid thigh, showing off her rather plump thighs as she slowly makes her way into the restaurant on shaky legs. She was quickly and easily led to the private table where the judge was waiting. She shivers as the man stands, taking her hand and placing a wet kiss to the back of her hand, making her stomach turn. The wet feel of his lips reminded her of a snake, slithering on its belly, waiting to strike, and she knew that's exactly what Judge Arlow Leilland was. Sure, he was trying to cause trouble for Valenciano and make waves for the drug king pen, right now, but that was only because it was an election year. The judge himself was far from squeaky clean. The man had a long list of his own transgressions. 

Arlow gives her a lecherous grin and places his hand low on her back as he helps her into her seat, making sure it was positioned close to his. "Miss De La Cruz, you look as lovely as ever. Mouth watering if I might say." He licks his lips, his eyes drawn to her full breasts on display in the low cut dress. "I don't know who made that dress, but do remind me to thank them. It is certainly a gift straight from the Gods." He chuckles and waves over the waiter, ordering for them both. He pours them a glass of wine and places his hand on her thigh, his thick, pudgy fingers slipping under her dress. He'd been after Randall for years to arrange a little meeting like this with his lovely secretary. Finally, the sheriff had decided that it was in his best interest to do just that. That's what happened when one of the most respected judges in the entire state had photo evidence of said sheriff meeting with two of Romero Valenciano's top generals. The sweet little morsel of a woman next to him was well worth the money and favors he'd paid to get ahold of the photos, and he knew that the little dessert he had planned would pay it all off ten fold.

As the night went on, Marlena had barely sipped her wine, wanting to keep her wits about her. She had picked at the expensive, tasteless food and pretended to listen to the judges boring anecdotes. He was quite possibly the most nauseating man she had ever had to spend time with. She felt like a common whore at this point, being prostituted for Russell and Valenciano's own interests. She didn't like the feeling, but her choices were limited, especially now. To cause a scene here was dangerous. You never knew who could be watching. She kept looking around, hoping to catch Russell lurking in a corner somewhere, keeping a watchful eye, but she hadn't seen him. She didn't miss the irony in that. The fact that she was hopefully looking for the man that made her every day a living hell. That should tell you anything you needed to know about Judge Arlow Leilland. All too soon, the dinner was done, the wine had been drained and she watched as the judge stood, offering her his hand. She shook as she hesitantly placed her hand in his sweaty one. "Aw, now sugar, don't you be nervous. I know being with a great man like me can be intimidating, but I promise you, I'll be gentle." He grins and leads her to the elevator, pressing the button and holding her close. As soon as the door was closed, Marlena felt the man's hand on her ass, pulling her closer to him as his too hot breath fanned over her neck, his slimy lips trailing over them. She had to bite her lip to keep from vomiting, her eyes closed, trying to picture anything but that man. This was for Russell, she kept telling herself. Not the vile Sheriff Randall, but her Russell. The Russel she once loved, the Russell who had once loved her. This wasn't part of the plan. She didn't like this one bit.