Bruno

Bruno shakily pushed away from Mirabel with a weak smile. “That was… terrifying.”

Mirabel snorted, wiping the tears from her face. “Yeah. Let’s never do that again.”

“Please.”

His niece slowly got up, hesitantly walking into the dark hallway leading to his vision cave. She accidentally kicked a pot, jumping at the loud noise. Mirabel looked around nervously, stopping in front of a creepy carving of him.

She looked jumpy.

With a smirk, Bruno quietly snuck up behind her. He shook her as he whispered, “Boo!”

Mirabel jumped with a screech. “Bruno! Don’t do that!”

“Sorry. Sorry.” He said, raising his hands in surrender. Mirabel stuck her tongue out at him, giving him an ‘I’m watching you’ gesture.

She warily continued down the hall. “No offence, but this place is really creepy.”

Bruno hummed in agreement. It was purposely designed to be creepy. It worked as an additional deterrent for villagers who were scared of him.

He opened the vault-like door to the vision cave, gesturing for Mirabel to go on ahead. “After you.”

As Mirabel walked in, Bruno stifled a grin. He closed the door behind him, throwing the room in complete darkness. He could hear Mirabel gasp in shock.

"Bruno?"

He clapped his hands and, one by one, the stone pillars around the circumference of the room lit with green fire. The light reflected off the emerald shards that decorated the walls, causing them to shimmer.

He raised his arms dramatically. “Welcome to the vision cave.”

He watched Mirabel look around the cave with awe. “Wow...”

Bruno walked past his niece and stood in front of the sand circle in the centre of the room. He pulled his hood up, the fire lighting him up ominously.

“You have entered the lair of the seer, Bruno.” He said dramatically, lowering his voice for effect. “For what reason do you dare disturb fate?”

Mirabel gave him a blank look. “Uh…”

Bruno deflated. There went the dramatic atmosphere. He pulled his hood off to give Mirabel a look. ‘Just play along' he mouthed at her, before getting back into character.

“Speak child.”

“Bruno, we’re the same age.”

Bruno groaned, “You know what, you’re no fun.”

Mirabel crossed her arms and rolled her eyes light-heartedly. “Fine. Fine. Oh, Oracle Bruno of Encanto, I ask of thee a vision to aid me in my quest.”

“See that wasn't so hard,” Bruno muttered under his breath. The face Mirabel shot at him let him know he didn’t speak quietly enough. He sighed.

No more stalling.

He pulled his hood off and bit his lip. “Alright. Wait here, I’m going to go set everything up.”