3

Kim woke up to an empty bed. Well, it wasn't really weird. He slept in while Cale always went for his sword practice.

[System starting]

'Huh?'

Kim stared blankly at the window that popped up in front of him. If he recalled, it looked more like those games that he saw kids play while he took shelter from the rain near the internet cafe.

[Hello Reader Kim.]

"Huh, what's this? Am I dreaming?"

Kim rubbed his eyes and pinched his eyes. Yet, the window was still there.

[Congratulations! you have successfully passed the prologue.]

"I have?"

[Yes, as a reward. You have received a system]

"System?"

[Me.]

"What's so rewarding about that?"

Kim looked at it suspiciously. His life has been a fairytale. So, anything was possible for him. However, he was in a novel that revolved around violence. So, how could he not have doubts to ensure his and everybody around safety.

[I can help you]

"For what?"

[In becoming  a hero.]

Kim looked at the window as if it had gone crazy.

"What nonsense. I want to be a rich slacker."

[but you..]

"I am not a good person to be a hero. Find somebody else."

Kim waved his hand as he landed back on the bed.

[I can help you find the culprit of your mother. I can help you change the future.]

Kim paused for a while as it looked at the system weirdly.

"How?"

[I can provide you with the information you need. Gather data from any source. I can make sub seniors and main ones while rewarding you with artifacts, power, and surprise items.]

Kim looked at it again as he thought. Getting help wasn't a bad idea as he didn't want to do all the stuff.

"Fine. What should I call you?"

Kim looked towards it.

[I am Lucas.]

Kim only nodded his head.

"Fine. Now let me sleep."

Kim waved his head, not listening to anything else that came through Lucas as he fell asleep once more.

If Kim had to say, Lucas was not much of a help. Or he didn't need a system. He had read the story before. Meaning he knew all the critical events that would be required.

He decided to keep Lucas aside till needed.

However, that wasn't the main problem he was having currently.

Why did he ask Ron to teach him assassination?

Kim was on his feet. He was running for his dear life. He tried his best to make fake diversions as he ran through the woods. It wasn't new to Kim. As his life as Kim Rok Soo, he had to be alert and always on his feet to save his life.

However, in this situation, it wasn't the clueless dumb monsters, but a human being, and a really smart one, that is.

He felt the knives that were thrown towards him. The creepy aura sent shivers down his spine. The fear that he bottled up on the old man was increasing, ready to be spilled.