❀ Preface ❀

Word count | 1793

❀ ❀ ❀

A Sleek black Porsche rolls up on the curb, its tires adjusting to the higher ground and stilling as the car comes to a stop, right outside a tall brick house.

The door on the left opens to reveal a young man, round 23 -24, his features quite picturesque and his body toned and defined.The man was a Tall, brunette with his hair styled into a quiff sat high upon his head framing his tanned face, eyes of the richest chocolate and plump lips the colour of red roses. The young man a spitting image of David Beckham in his younger years.

While getting out of his car he shrugged the black leather jacket off his broad ,muscled shoulders, letting the item of clothing fall into his hand as he swept it over his shoulder in one swift movement.The young man locked his car with two clicks of the a button and made the short walk to the door.The small walk seeming to attract attention and raise awareness to the new guy in the neighborhood, Ladies walking their poodles or watering their gardens stopped what they were doing to stare.

The gazes piercing the young man until he turned round to look at the audience, giving them all a soft smile and a quick wave before he turned back around and continued towards his door.

Once at his destination the man lifted the sunglasses that were perched on the bridge of his nose, and set them on the top of his head - behind his short quiff - with his eyes having adjusted to the lighting and scenery almost immediately, he stuck the key in the hole before kicking the door open with little effort.

Embracing the empty room before him, he found: the walls bare and lacking personality, he made a mental note to buy some wall paper if he goes to the market.

He might as well see if his room needed a touch of TLC like the rest of his home so far and with that in mind he walked over the threshold and then some, making his way towards his new bedroom the description of the house online and the viewing of the home with the estate agent made finding the room quite an easy task. He walked up the stairs and to the room on the left, pushing open the door he looked inside.

Kingsized bed

White curtains

Desk

table

Potted plant

Closet

It was pretty basic, from the beige colored walls to the light wooden planks on the floor - there was no rug or carpet - the lad giving off a smile, it'd be easy to work with.He's glad there's no ugly pre added carpet that he'd have to pay extra for removal, honestly the lad couldn't be happier.

Especially because his belongings would arrive tomorrow and he'd finally decorate the place and give it a sophisticated touch, he is an literacy professor after all he might as well have a home to match.

❀ ❀ ❀

After he saw his bedroom and he wondered around until he saw the rest of the house, it was expected that the house wouldn't have character ,yet, and the brown eyed boy didn't spare a second glance at the empty rooms, all left barren and deserted. It seemed all to plain and boring ,and he couldn't stop himself from thinking of how he found the house lacking of human inhabitants.

Though knowing it was all going to change and that the house would be -made- a home, his home ,actually brought a soft smile to his lips but it all came to a halt when the rasp of skin pounding wood was heard. the door being knocked sounded through out the house.

The tall lad walked towards his front door, checking his breath quickly and adjusting his quiff slightly before he opened the door.

"HELLO!"