Chapter 11 - thank you natalia alianovna romanova

Y/n's POV:

I wake up when I feel a warm patch of sun on my face. I blink open my eyes and see slivers of bright sun filtering through the cracks in my drawn curtains. Yay! Its finally sunny! Its the end of March so the weather has only started to warm up recently. The clock on my bedside table says its only quarter to seven but I can hear everyone's muffled voices from across the corridor. Maybe my clock's wrong? I peel back the duvet and tip toe in my nighty to my bedroom door where my dressing gown is hooked up. After quickly tying the fluffy, light blue robe around me, I slowly turn the doorknob and peek my head around the door. Where did everybody go? I heard them a minute ago! I quietly head to my parent's suite which is a few doors to my right, but when I creak open the door I'm met with a clean and tidy bedroom with the curtains drawn open and no Mama or Daddy. Was I dreaming? If I was, I didn't like this dream. I little tear slipped down my left cheek as I wandered back to my room and onward to Wanda's room. Again, no sign of anyone. I decided I would keep looking and try Nat's room which was right next to Wanda's. Again, empty. I checked the time on Nat's alarm clock and it said 6:55. Why was everyone gone before seven? Sometimes they would get up early to train but usually everyone would either be sleeping or getting changed or loudly having breakfast together. What if they'd all just departed on a mission and left me behind? After this thought I was certainly panicking more. "Mama?" I called out, my voice cracking a little. No reply. "Mama? Mama?.... Mama?" I wailed, running down the long corridor to the kitchen. "Nat? Natasha? ... Wanda? Dad?... Clint?" I call out names as fast as I can as the kitchen had proved to be empty and I was now nearing the common room but heard no indication of voices. Suddenly, I felt someone grab me from behind. I jumped and immediately started screaming and crying really loudly as they lifted me off the floor and started to carry me back the way I came past the kitchen and to the lift (elevator).

"Hey, hey, uspokoysya, milaya... eto ya, Wanda. Uspoykoysya y/n. Shhh.. shhh." (calm down, sweetie... it's me, Wanda. Calm down y/n.) Wanda's soothing voice helped me relax and I eventually stopped crying, wiping my eyes so I could see her face. We got into the lift. When I had finally dried my tears enough to make eye contact with her she smiled and kissed my red cheeks. "There you are! See, it's all okay!" I frown at this.

"Where were you? Where is everyone? I heard you all and then you disappeared!"

"Oh, milaya! We didn't know you were awake! We were just saying goodbye to your Dada, Clint, Sam and Steve because they're gonna be away on a mission for a couple of days but they didn't want to upset you by waking you up." The lift doors opened and we started to walk towards the quinjets. "Your Mama is also going away for a couple of days so it will just be me, you, Nat and Bruce in the compound."

After we'd said goodbye to everyone and I'd tried to sneak on board with Dad and then got dragged off by Nat and then had to give everyone hugs again, Wanda and Nat each held one of my hands as we went back inside to get breakfast. After breakfast we (or rather Wanda and Nat) decided to go outside and get some fresh air. It had rained yesterday so I was actually delighted to find that the earth was the perfect consistency for making mud pies. At the care home I used to set up a 'bakery' full of differently shaped mud pies like donuts, tarts, cakes etc. you get the idea. Wanda immediately saw what I was thinking and gave me a 'warning' look telling me that I probably shouldn't start the bakery up again today.

As we were walking round the grounds we were discussing what Wanda could do with her powers and how she could control them. I really envied her. "I wish I was magical like you." I sighed. "Having magic is pretty cool y/n but it's difficult in many ways and I wouldn't wish hydra testing upon anyone. You have to remember how I got my powers in the first place. Plus, I bet millions of people envy your brilliant mind - me included. And Natasha doesn't have magic but she's still super cool isn't she?" I looked up at Natasha who was holding my hand. I love her so much. "Yeah, Nat is amazing!" I agreed. "She's so good at fighting and she's smart and brave and funny and..." in my head I thought 'and beautiful' but Wanda must have heard my thoughts because she let out a giggle, to which I frowned and Natasha raised her eyebrow at Wanda. Wanda mouthed 'I'll tell you later' to Nat so that I wouldn't hear her but I still managed to make out what she was saying. I felt my face get really hot. Nat ruffled my hair and bent down to kiss the top of my head.