Chapter 16 - cousins

Thank you for all the love you've given this story! It means so much! :)

Y/n's POV:

Today I was so excited because we were all going to be staying with Clint and his family for a couple of days. I can't wait to meet his children because I'm not very close with the kids I meet at my football club and dance club since I can't really tell them about my life and most of them are really annoying - especially the boys! I also couldn't wait because we would be flying there in the quinjet!

"Honey, have you had breakfast yet?" Mommy asked as she walked into my room and started triple-checking my packed bag. "Yes!" I immediately replied, running to her and hugging her from behind. She turned around and stroked my hair. "What did you eat?" I started racking my brain. "Umm, I'm not sure actually." Maybe I didn't eat breakfast after all. "Well I'm pretty sure Steve just made waffles so if you ask nicely there might me a couple for you to have." "Okay!" I gave her one last squeeze and then ran out the room. I ran into Yelena just when I was about to reach the kitchen. "Hey, sweetie!" "Hi Yelena! Bye Yelena!" I gave her a quick hug and then ran into the kitchen and straight into Dad. "Ugh! Why do I keep running into people!" I sighed. "Good morning to you too, bud!" He said sarcastically as he ruffled my hair. "Morning Dad!" "Steve Steve Steve! I forgot I hadn't had breakfast and Mommy said you made waffles. Please can I have one?" "Of course baby Stark!" He said, grinning as he handed me a plate. "Hey! I'm not a baby!" "Yes you are." I heard Nat say right next to my head as she hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek. I never see her coming, it's honestly scary. "How old are you again?" I heard Wanda's voice ask. Why was everyone suddenly appearing? "Good question" Dad teased. I sighed and was about to open my mouth when Nat and Steve simultaneously said "seven." "baby." Wanda commented. "I spun back round in my seat, deciding to ignore everyone. They were all so annoying this morning!

After running around the jet and marveling at the view and all the cool technology (and getting told off multiple times for getting too close to buttons) I mainly kept to myself on the quinjet ride, reading and napping a little. All the adults were talking among themselves or doing work like filling out mission reports or something. Clint was pilot and Nat was co-pilot. I was a little sad because Mommy isn't coming with us; it was just me, wanda, nat, dad, steve and clint.

When we landed Steve carried my bag in for me and Clint held my hand we walked towards his house but as we got close his children started running towards him and he dropped my hand and ran to greet them. He hugged the three of them then picked up the little boy who must me Nathaniel. I watched as the other boy and girl who I think are called Cooper and Lila were laughing and clinging to Clint. I huffed a little. Nathaniel was definitely too small to play with because he was 2 or 3 and Lila the second youngest was 9 or 10. Maybe I could play with her? She probably wouldn't want to hang out with a 7 year old though. My thoughts were interrupted when Wanda suddenly picked me up and kissed my forehead. "Shall I introduce you to your cousins milaya?" I secretly liked the kiss and the attention but now was not the right time! I was trying to show Lila that I was mature!

Wanda's POV:

Y/n ignored my question and immediately started wriggling and pushing away from me, trying to get down. "Let me go Wanda! I'm not a baby like Nathaniel!" Her tone came off quite harsh but I decided to just drop it for now because I didn't want to ruin the happy mood for everyone else. I just put her down saying "sorry, hun" and walked over to Steve who was chatting to Laura. Nat had already gone ahead to greet her niece and nephews. Exited screams of "Dad!" and "Auntie Nat!" could be heard to my right. I think I could hear Tony and Clint introduce their children to each other from where I was stood.

y/n's POV:

Lila and I were throwing magnetic darts and having fun together outside while the adults were talking in the kitchen. I like Lila, she's really nice but she was beating me a darts which was a bit annoying. I bet she's had way more practice than me. "Kids! Lunch!" Clint called outside. We rushed inside and Lila immediately asked "Auntie Nat, can I sit next to you?" "Of course sweetheart! Come here." Hey, she was my Auntie Nat! 

No-one asked if they could sit next to me so I ended up sat in between Nathaniel and Cooper at the kid's end of the table. Lauren was sat at the end of the table so that she could help Nate if he needed. Great. I was stuck with the baby. Nate was pretty cute actually and I laughed when he made a mess with his food. "Aw, what a messy baby!" I cooed. At this point Dad, who was sat opposite me, reached across with a napkin and wiped some tomato sauce from my cheek. "You're a bit of a mucky pup yourself, aren't you honey?" "Dad!" I told him off as I could feel my face go red as everyone was suddenly looking at me and chuckling. Why is it no-one pays any attention to me the whole meal and then when something embarrassing happens everyone sees it? It's not fair!

After lunch I thanked Lauren and then quickly went to the bathroom and locked the door. I let a few tears slip and then pulled myself together and got out my phone and decided to play Taylor's reputation album on shuffle. First I listened to "I did something bad" and then "Look what you made me do" came on and I started singing along.

Nat's POV:

We were all helping to clear the table and wash up after lunch when I heard y/n singing along to some reputation songs from the bathroom. I almost burst out laughing on the spot. I put the stack of glasses down then knocked on the bathroom door. "Y/n, can you let me in?" I heard her stop the music and shuffle around a bit before she unlocked the door. "Hey sweetie, what's up?" "Close the door Nat." If her dramatic moment in the bathroom wasn't enough of a clue to how upset she was, that remark was. I shut it then asked her for the magic word. "Please, thank you." She murmured. "So, what's going on bubs?" She paused for a bit while she was probably thinking of what to say when I caught a glimpse of the track title she was just playing. 'Look what you made me do.' I tried my best to hold back the smirk that so desperately wanted to form on my lips; god, it was just too cute! "Don't you think 'Jealousy, Jealousy' would have been a more suitable song?" I smirked gesturing to her phone screen. She immediately turned to face me, her cheeks rosy with frustration. Oops, maybe I misjudged her mood a little. "Hm, funny Nat, I was thinking maybe 'Traitor' might be the better Rodrigo choice." She got up from her perch on the edge of the bath tub and stormed out of the room. She was being over dramatic, but I mean she is young, what can be expected? I have to admit though, her sassy little comeback still hurt a little and was making me feel a bit guilty for not understanding how upset she was.

A/n

I'll have to leave it there for now but I will get back to updating regularly again! I'm so sorry it's been so long. I'm so grateful for all my readers! I just wanted to give these people a shout out for giving me the motivation to keep publishing:

alexa_gar_2121, tigerlillyruiz, randompotato843, theredinherledger, kdf12349

Also, I haven't forgotten about Yelena, she's just not in this chapter!