CHAPTER TEN

__________________

«Harry's POV»

His eyes are so hypnotizing as they look into mine. The deep blue resembles a dark blue, yet transparent lake, swirling around the black middle, sending waves of calm and protection all around my body. I feel nothing can hurt me in his presence and my soul feels like it's wrapped in a warm blanket. He has a peaceful smile as he looks down at me, and everything feels okay.

Suddenly his mood changes. I search his concerned face, his brows pinched at the middle, and I don't understand why he looks so worried.

What's wrong, Louis....

The words are only spoken in my head but I know he heard them. His warm hands cup the sides of my face and he says nothing but his stare tries to convey such strong feelings it almost takes my breath away.

I'm so sorry...

His words drip with guilt as they vibrate through my head but his lips never move.

It's okay... I'm OK.

I answer but again the words aren't out loud. We float in empty space with comforting light in every direction. He brings his lips to mine so softly that I almost don't feel the sensation. My eyes close as I enjoy the feeling of complete safety and ease.

The kiss becomes deeper and more rushed. His hands grip harder around my face, not allowing me to escape his mouth crashing into mine. It starts to become painful. Something doesn't seem right as the feelings of security are sucked out of the space all around us and the light is replaced with darkness and fear.

I try to push him away but his grip just tightens. Even the scent of him is replaced and I suddenly realize it's not Louis in front of me anymore. I struggle with all my strength to pry my mouth away but nothing works.

Stop... Please stop.

I cry out in my head but it makes no difference. I keep my eyes closed, too afraid to see what's around me and the more I struggle, the more paralyzed I become until nothing on my body will budge. I'm at his complete mercy as he starts to invade my body.

Louis... Louis, help me...

I pray my words are heard as tears stream down my face and my body quakes with fear.

—It's okay, Honey... You're safe now.—

I hear my mum's voice but it sounds so far away. Where is she? Help me, please. I feel hands running all over me as my heart thumps against my ribs. My stomach turns at the feeling.

Just make it stop...
Louis, help me...

—Wake up, Harry.— The voice cuts through the darkness and I jolt my eyes open. I frantically search through the room, waving my arms to be sure they still work.

—I... I... I...— I start mumbling.

—It's okay, Harry. You're safe now.— My mum's soothing voice comes from above me and I connect with her calming greyish blue eyes filled with tears. She strokes my head and I start to relax.

The pain shoots through my head and my hand flies up to my jaw. All my thoughts rush back and the memories of the night full my head with such force, it makes my breath hitch. I look at my mum and her devastated state confirms my memories.

Beeping machines invade my ears and I look down at the different tubes coming out of me.

I'm in the hospital...

My mum is crying and asking me questions but I can't answer. I can't even acknowledge her speaking to me. I search the room and see only one other person there. A police officer stands in the corner, watching as my mum unfolds with an unaffected expression, waiting for the right moment to ask questions, I assume.