♡To be a Loser♡

A/N

Question for y'all, you don't think the characters are too OOC, right?

Enjoy!

♡♡♡

They looked at each other nervously, then their gazes focused on one thing alone.

Hesitantly, he took the mechanical bird in his hand and pressed the button on its chest, ready for the worst.

Instead, the bird's eyes lit up as it started moving its wings and head around. No sound was heard, but that was probably for the better.

The breath he was holding turned into a sigh of relief.

"We did it," she said, admiring their creation for herself. The smile on her face only grew wider when he looked at her.

"I mean, it was technically your invention. I just helped with a few things."

Her smile turned into a smirk, one that he couldn't deny made him blush a little.

"Well, since you were a contributor on this project then..." She presented him with the bird. "I think you should name it."

"Me?"

"Yes, you," she said. "Who else is here?"

He looked at the clock on the wall, only then realising the darkness outside.

"Well, judging by the time I'd say that your brother will be coming back soon..."

On the one hand, he didn't want to ruin the moment; on the other, he didn't want to die either.

"Oh, shoot," she said, her voice raising slightly. "I guess I... we got carried away."

"No worries, I mean, it was nice working with you," he said, his smile more nervous than anything else.

It was still hard to look at her without the butterflies in his stomach acting up, but he liked to think he was getting better.

Had he really fallen that hard for someone he had met that day?

Yes, apparently.

"You should probably go now. I have to close the shop anyway."

"Oh, right! Yeah, you're right," he said. "I'll think of a name on my way home—to the motel, I mean."

"Don't forget the swords," she said, gesturing at the paper bag on the edge of the counter.

"Right... Thank you."

She chuckled, clutching the blanket around her shoulders tightly as he walked away.

"So, see you tomorrow?" she said, but her question went unheard as he stepped further and further down the hill.

Within moments, her friendly wave was replaced by a disappointed sigh, one that she unfortunately carried with her as she closed the shop.

"Just a stranger, Nya," she told herself. "Don't get carried away."

♡♡♡

The walk down the small hill wasn't long, but it certainly made him wish he had brought a few extra layers of clothes.

When he finally entered the motel, the warmth was more than welcomed. And to make it even better, the grumpy man behind the counter had fallen asleep.

He knocked on their room's door, only to be met with one person instead of three when the door opened.