♡Epilogue♡

A/N

A/N

Hasta la vista, folks. Thank you to those supporting this story. It was one hell of a nostalgia trip to write it.

But if you want more Jaya, I'll be releasing a new story soon. Tap on the image above to learn about it!

As always, enjoy <3.

(By the way, there is a last chapter before this, I just posted them at the same time. Don't miss it!)

♡♡♡

He forgot to kiss her back.

He was so dumb. He had gotten immersed in the moment, so immersed that he lost his only chance to kiss her cheek.

Her lips were even softer than he had imagined. It was such a euphoric feeling, one that he forgot to reciprocate.

He hoped that she had received his letter at least. He didn't mention the kiss as not to make her feel uncomfortable, but it was quite obvious from his doodles and words that his feelings were anything but platonic.

He had stayed up all night writing it, too. The occasional tease from Cole and Zane was worth it, however. What was not worth it was not asking the mailman how long it would take for the letter to reach her. He didn't want to seem clingy, but the thought couldn't help but float around his head. Had she received it? Would she write him back? Did she like him?

Of course she did, she clearly expressed that. He didn't; he missed his chance.

The Monastery's doors opened.

He didn't bother to turn around, only focusing on his spar with Zane; Cole had probably ordered food or something.

"Jay?"

His head snapped towards the entrance when he heard her voice. His body froze completely, which unfortunately meant that he had to take a good punch in the face by his teammate.

He didn't even listen to Zane's apologies; he simply ran towards her, scooping her up in a tight hug.

She dropped her suitcase down a few steps, and Kai went to retrieve it.

While he was climbing up the stairs, even just for a second, the two boys made eye contact and smiled.

Kai was embarrassed walking inside; but upon locking eyes with Wu, and seeing him give him the proud, fatherly smile he so longed for, his worries were put to rest at last.

That didn't make him ignore the rest of his duties, however.

Nya was giggling her head off as Jay repeatedly trailed kisses all over her face, her face as red as it could be.

Kai coughed behind them, making him stop in a hurry, his own face heating up as well.

The other two ninja pulled Kai aside, creating a perfect window for Jay to swoop in and guide her.

They were passing through the training dummies when he started to blabber. "We don't exactly have a bedroom ready for you yet, but I'm sure we'll think of something. I mean, you could still stay with us in the bunk room, I'm sure one of the beds can fit two people," he said, oblivious to the flustered girl beside him.

"I'll take the couch for now," she said. "Though I'm not against some afternoon naps with you..."

It was his own turn to blush, unfortunately, right as they passed by Wu. He gave Jay a wink, which only made his cheeks redder.

When they walked inside, however, his mood changed instantly.

He audibly gasped. "Oh, I have to show you my workshop!" His voice got quiet. "Well, our workshop now."

"Just me, you, and our metal birds," she tried to joke, earning herself a laugh.

Their smiles wide enough to reach their ears, they walked around the Monastery hand-in-hand, inseparable for days.

And judging by the comforting feeling that their contact brought along... they had finally found their safe space in each other.

And for once, her brother had found his own as well.