♡Bliss♡

A/N

This chapter may seem a bit shorter, but I just thought I'd give you a bit of a break before the juicier final moments. Don't worry though, it's gonna be worth it in the end ;).

♡♡♡

When she woke up, she felt warmth.

It was a feeling far from her thin blanket or Kai's old hoodie. It was all that and a pillow, all in one package. She felt as if she had been sleeping on wool; it was like a cloud of warm contentment, one that she didn't want to move from.

That was until the cloud itself moved.

She forced her eyes to open, her head feeling light from sleep. She sunk her cheek deeper into her pillow, trying to return to her nice dream.

Her and Jay on a date, flowers in her hair, falling asleep under the stars... It was too good to be true, that was for sure.

She sat up at last, her eyes still shut as she rubbed them gently. Surprisingly enough, the ground beneath her felt rough, not at all soft unlike her pillow.

But that was the reality of having an old mattress like hers sometimes; it would either be a rock or a cloud, and there was no telling of the outcome each night.

She yawned, rubbing her arm as a cold breeze blew past.

When her vision cleared, she saw the rising sun and a... lake.

The lake.

She felt a squeeze on her wrist.

She gasped.

Yet, she didn't pull away. She let the sleeping boy hug her arm in peace, not daring to interrupt his slumber.

So... the previous night hadn't been a dream. That was good to know.

She hoped that he didn't notice her caressing him just a few moments ago... But he did make for a good pillow. Especially his chest; so soft yet sturdy, it was better than any pillow she could buy.

Perhaps she was becoming invasive. She quickly brushed off the thought and looked away.

She heard something moving in the bushes. By the time she looked, it was gone.

Perhaps Kai was right, they were moving too fast and shouldn't.

But then why did she feel so...

... Happy?

"Nya?"

His voice actually sounded quite cute all groggy and low, just gave her one more thing to admire. Was she really that desperate, though?

"Good morning," she said as casually as she could.

"Morning," he rubbed his eyes and yawned. When he came to his senses, he looked around and frowned. "We didn't even get to enjoy our date..."

Date... That word still gave her chills, but in a surprisingly good way. She liked it.

"Well, what time are you leaving?"

"I think we'll leave at night... Maybe late afternoon."

She mustered up the courage to grab his hand. "We have plenty of time then, right?"

He smiled. "I appreciate the positivity."

"I learned from the best."

He took the metal bird in his hands, studying it carefully.

"You can take it with you if you want to," she told him, but he shook his head.

"It was yours to begin with," he said and put it in her backpack. "Besides, I trust you more with it. I tend to blow up stuff..."