♡Tour Guide♡

It was difficult to fall asleep that night.

For her, she had probably done the bravest thing she had done in her life.

She was knocking on their door mere minutes after she had made her decision (which may or may not have been influenced by that man, even though they exchanged no more than three sentences altogether).

She had to admit that out of the three people in that room, the strongest, largest teen opening the door was the worst outcome for her. Maybe she was just too short, but he did admittedly look scarier than most.

When she asked for the one and only blue-clad boy, he laughed, the other tall boy in the back joining in soon after.

When the one she was looking for came into full-view, sporting striped, blue pyjamas and bunny slippers, his face turned as red as hers.

"Is ten okay?" was all she could muster to say as she showed him the letter, resisting to look him up and down.

He croaked out a "yeah" and that was the end of that.

For him, his brain had just stopped functioning at that moment.

The moment she saw them train, he knew it was over. It wasn't gymnastics or a jog, it was full-on sword fighting and throwing weapons at each other, most not wooden.

He trusted Zane with shurikens, of course, but Nya didn't know that.

From that point of view, their visit did seem odd. An old man (at least Nya didn't know about him and Kai's recruitment yet) and three teenage boys coming as tourists to one of the least touristic places in Ninjago to 'learn' (at least that's the excuse Sensei Wu used...). It was undoubtedly weird for everyone, including her.

Still, the fact that she accepted was enough. He knew he couldn't ever be a knight in shining armor, but it was better to start their friendship before she literally moved in with them if all went accordingly.

He felt bad saying it, but he couldn't deny that he had an alterior motive, one that fortunately didn't overshadow his real feelings.

Maybe Kai would be more eager to join if his sister were convinced as well, and he wanted to achieve just that. It was Wu who encouraged him to get closer to her, after all.

There was a high chance their feelings weren't mutual; maybe she was just being nice and maybe he just had a temporary crush that would go away in a few days.

Whatever they turned out to be in the end, friends, acquaintances, or something more, he would at least find peace in knowing that he can help them build a better life.

Because there was one thing he knew for sure; there was no place more exhausting than that gossip factory of a village.

♡♡♡

Alright, so maybe making quick decisions after speaking with an old man for three minutes wasn't the best idea.

Maybe he was just a product of her own mind; she hadn't seen him elsewhere, after all.

Hallucinations aside, the pit in her stomach only grew as their meeting approached.

Unfortunately, both her anxiety and excitement only confirmed her desperate need of a friend (or something more, perhaps?). It was pathetic in her eyes.

But maybe he wouldn't notice.

She put on her usual cheongsam and leggings, not wanting to dress too fancy on what was supposed to be a simple tour.