CHAPTER 4

I woke up with a start as I had fallen off my bed. Once in a while, I get nightmares. They are no longer as frequent as they were. I stretched my arm to grab my phone off of the bedside table to check the time. It was already 7am and I had to start my day.

I went to the bathroom to do my morning routine and got dressed. I was in a surprisingly good mood so I wore a yellow floral sundress. The brightness of the yellow reminded me of the sun and consequently of Hobi, our sunshine. My mind was immediately drawn to Namjoon. The man I met at the tteokbokki stall a block away.

For some reason he looked familiar and his name was the same as RM but I could be mistaken. There are probably thousands of Namjoons in Korea but I couldn't shake off the feeling that he was the Kim Namjoon. They had the same height and build after all. I decided to forget about it because I didn't think a plain Jane like me would get the privilege of meeting RM and in such a manner. That was a ridiculous thought.

I finished dressing and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. I made toast with scrambled eggs and fruit juice, pineapple to be exact. I had this particular pineapple juice recipe I created some years ago which has helped keep me in shape and improved my digestive health.

I dediced to binge watch one of my favourite Kdramas, Goblin. It's one drama I could never stop watching because it was a rollercoaster of emotions. Also, the leads were a sight for sore eyes. By afternoon, I grew hungry again and decided to eat out. There was a restaurant across the apartment complex that served delicious food so I went there.

I finished eating with a very full stomach and headed back to my apartment. Just as I hot back to door, my phone rang. It was unknown number so I picked up. It was one of the companies I applied to, calling me in for an interview. I did a little happy dance when he call ended and entered my house.

I went straight into my study to revise and readily prepare myself for tomorrow's interview. I stayed in there till late evening. I drank a cup of ginger tea with crackers for supper. I did not want to risk getting bloated tomorrow morning. I decided to lay out my outfit to cut down on prep time tomorrow morning.

Since it's a stylist job, I had to look my very best. So I opted for a simple yet classy look. A green dress with ruffled sleeves and a drape at the right side from my waist to the end of the dress. I did my night routine, set my alarm and went to bed.

I woke up an hour before my alarm probably due to nerves or excitement. I wasn't sure which one it was. I took a shower and took my time to do my makeup. I went for the classic nude look which complemented my skin tone and outfit. I wore my dress and slipped on my nude pumps. I grabbed my portfolio and other needed documents before leaving. Not forgetting to grab a granola bar and apple to munch on on my way there.

I got there 30 minutes before the scheduled time because there was hardly any traffic. I entered the building of Miyeon Fashion, my favorite Korean fashion brand and greeted the receptionist. I was directed to the first floor where the interview was to take place.

I saw about 5 people seated in a room. I greeted them and took my seat. We were all going to be interviewed for the same position and I got a bit nervous. The first 2 people were called and soon it was my turn.

I confidently entered the office and greeted the panel. They showed me to my seat asked me about my work experience and educational background. Even though I worked as a personal assistant in a non-fashion related company, I took a course in fashion and started an online business after as a side job. Being a personal assistant for 6 years also gave me knowledge in management duties. They interview went well and soon I was on my way home. Hopefully, they'll like me enough to choose me.

The afternoon was really cozy and I needed inspiration for new designs so I decided to step out. I walked towards the private park close to the apartment complex. I discovered it in my first week of arriving in Korea when I went exploring. Apparently it is to provide the residents of the apartment with a place to relax without the presence of a crowd which I found thoughtful.

There were two people present at the park. One man was on my extreme left and the other plauing with a dog close to him. I sat on a bench, looked into the sky and took a deep breathe. I pulled out my sketch book and started drawing the flower bushes ahead of me. They were pretty and looked perfect as a source of inspiration for my next collection.

I was concentrated on my drawing till I felt movement on my bench. I looked to my side to see the same familiar mystery man, once again in a mask and hoodie. I tilted my head to the side and spoke up.
'Namjoon-ssi?' I called out. He turned to me with what I assume was a smile due to his brows lifting up.
'Hi. Fancy meeting you here' He replied.
'Our paths seem to be crossing often.'
'It seems so. You live here?'
'I do. How about you?' I asked him.
'Yes but I'm often away for work. I'm on a break at the moment'
'Oh okay' I nodded my head and went back to my drawing.

I felt his stare on me but kept drawing till he spoke up.
'That's a beautiful drawing, looks almost like the real thing. Are you an artist?'
I gave a smile and replied with 'sort of.'
'I design clothes in my spare time and I'm hoping to make it a full time job. I came here for inspiration.'
'And you got the inspiration you're looking for?'
I nodded.
'I have to go now but I hope to see you again soon. Can I have your number?'
My cheeks flushed pink and I called out my number for him to input into his phone. He bade me goodbye and left for the apartment. Meanwhile, I still couldn't get rid of that nagging feeling that told me he was RM of BTS. Well, there's only one way to find out.

Racquel's dress to the interview

---------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Your votes and comments mean a lot to me

A/N: Your votes and comments mean a lot to me. I like to know what my readers are thinking so keep them coming. Hope y'all are enjoying it...

Till next time!! #borahae💜💜💜
~MiHwa🌹