focus ■lee juyeon■

!NOT MINE! FOUND ON TUMBLR!

“...choi y/n and lee juyeon.” shit. as the teacher finishes reading off the pairings, you sneak a glance over at your new lab partner, seated across the room. he looks unbothered, his chin resting on his fist, which is propped up on the table. sigh. you didn’t not like juyeon, that wasn’t it at all. you just did not want to be lab partners with him. he was cocky, flirty, and could not focus for the life of him. you had worked with him the year prior for an english project, in which you ended up doing all the work. and it wasn’t that you found his flirtiness annoying, it was just that he somehow knew all the ways to make you absolutely weak.  the teacher instructs the class to move next to their partners and you let out a sigh. you never thought you would miss being partners with snobby kim yunhee, but here you were, already missing her loud chewing of her gum, and her unnecessary hair flips.

sighing yet again, you stand up slowly, gathering your things up, and starting the walk towards where juyeon was seated. 

he eyes you as you sit beside him, setting your books on the table with a soft thud. “hello, y/n,” he greets you, tone polite.

“hi,” you say back, voice smaller and weaker than you would have liked it to be. “are you ready to get started?”

juyeon shrugs his shoulders, his head now turned fully towards you. you broke eye contact as quickly as it started.  “um, okay,” you gulp, opening your text book to the page instructed. “we need to label the parts...” juyeon is quickly bored while you’re reading the instructions. instead, he changes his focus to your body language. the way you’re picking at your fingernails, your soft blue nail polish chipping off as you do. the way you were bouncing your left leg underneath the table. signs of being nervous.

“do i make you nervous, y/n?” he smirks, watching as your head lifts up towards him, eyes a bit wider than usual.

“wha...what?” you stumble on your words, confused by his sudden question. “what do you mean?” oh you knew exactly what he meant. “bouncing your leg, picking at your nails,” he points out the things you didn’t even realize you were doing. “signs of nervousness.” you quickly still your leg movements and sit on your hands so you stop picking at your nails. “i don’t know what you’re talking about.” you counter, looking at juyeon with fake confidence,

“you never answered my question,” juyeon persists.  “no, juyeon, you do not make me nervous,” you smile at him after blatantly lying. “there, happy?” he looks at you skeptically for a few moments, eyebrow raised, before humming. “mm, let’s get to work, shall we?”

you nod quickly, eager to take the attention off yourself. “yes, now, as i was saying,” you hurriedly switch your attention back to the textbook and start reading.

once again, juyeon lost interest. it’s not that he didn’t like science (though he didn’t), it was you. there was something about you. you looked so precious and innocent.

and he loved it.

“so, which part do you want to do?” you turn your head towards him, snapping him out of his rather interesting thoughts.

“hm?” he blinks softly, visible confusion on his face.

you give him an annoyed expression. “you didn’t hear a word i said.”

juyeon shakes his head. “no, sorry,” he apologizes, flashing that beautiful grin of his, as he scoots his chair slightly closer to yours.

how could you ever stay annoyed with him?

you let out an exasperated sigh, all your frustrations towards juyeon slowly breaking away. “okay, listen this time,” you tell him. “now-”

“you’re cute, you know.” juyeon interrupts, leaving you speechless with an agape mouth.