47: The Beginning of the End

Danvers proudly stood before them wearing his neat black suit while holding and twirling a glass of red wine. He was alone. Dark carefully surveyed around and he spotted no one other than Danvers. A frown appeared on his forehead. He keeps on wondering what has gone wrong but seeing the confident and unbothered countenance of his opponent, his anger surged and got the best of him. Although Dark appeared calm and emotionless, the subtle flicker of anger in his gray eyes can't be completely concealed.

Red felt Dark's temper. After staying together for some time and working together, she somehow uncovered some of his mysteries. She doesn't know why but there are times like this where she can feel the changes in his emotion. Perhaps it is a coincidence? A some sort of connection or she was just plainly crazy about him that she wanted to know everything about the man. She felt that she had to do something. While still on alert, her hands slowly found their way on Dark's wrist and she gave it a squeeze as if to convey that everything will be alright and she is just by his side if anything happens.

Feeling the warmth on his wrist, his rationality immediately returned. Dark reined his emotions and appreciates his woman's gesture. Indeed, she's a special woman, Dark thought in passing. He gripped her hands in return before releasing and taking a step towards Danvers who's silently having a gazing battle against Dark and his gang, Red and Wayne.

"So this is where you're hiding, traitor!" Wayne mockingly said and followed after Dark.

"Well, In my vocabulary it is actually called self-preservation," Danvers replied cooly irritating Wayne even more leaving him speechless.

Dark ignored the exchange between Wayne and Danvers and he continued moving forward while Red stayed behind for cover and support.

"Self-preservation? Tsk! Tsk! Baka naman takot mo lang," asar at nanunuyang sambit ni Wayne.

"Easy boy easy! Take after your leader, quiet and confident and after all, I got no business with you," Danvers replied dismissing Wayne.

Wayne felt his blood boiling upon hearing Danver's answer. The audacity of the traitor to educate him! He doesn't have the right. The moment he decided to betray the mafia, all his rights as their elder and council are gone to dust. He pulled out his gun in irritation then turned to Dark.

"Dark, can I kill him?" he asked but Dark gave him a blank look. Wayne sighed and thought Yeah, it's not him who should take the last kill.

Danver broke the silence again. He girmly chuckled and took a sip on his wine before giving a threat.

"If I were you, I would not do that. After all..." his words trailed leaving a sense of mystery.

Dark with his amazing animal instinct and brain picked up an imbedded message on his words so he gave Wayne a look to retreat. Even though, he was not sure of Danvers plan and so he decided to wait.

Before Danvers could finish whatever he wanted, a loud commotion was heard. The door of the rooftop was forcefully kicked with force causing it to fly a few meters away and another two devils presented themselves in the doorway. Dark just gave them a passing look while Wayne smirked to welcome the two new addition to their force. It's not that he's afraid, but bigger number never go wrong.

Corvette and Thadeus walked in without a word. As usual, Thadeus was looking serious while holding his Katana while Corvette held his gun on his hand looking goofy as always. Drops of blood are stained and splattered on their clothes giving testimony to their killings. Red gave Thads and Vette a nod and the two stood by her side acknowledging her.

Clap!

Clap!

Clap!

The sound of clapping enveloped the rooftop. Danvers as if watching a show put down his wine glass and clapped. Para itong clown na nag peperform pero walang natutuwa sa kanyang mga manunood.