Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Set Up 2

Today, the day that my heart would sink deep, my fingers would be balled in a fist around a tissue, my eyes would be as red as a cherry, and the day that I lay to rest the one man that's like a father to me.

Mr. Calhone. Such a depressing scene because nobody knew what he was and the power that he held. He kept up a good facade to hide away from people in such a place like this where many people pass through for years. Since the day he died, his class hasn't been the same. Everyone comes in and just stays silent, its like ghost tryting to talk  to someone but they cant hear them. This shit wasnt supposed to happen and I hate it because he was a good man. 

At this point the dress that I was trying to haul on my body, was in different places. I need to get my shit together, I can't let anyone see me like this. Especially Stephen who magically became Mr. Calhone's family out of the blue. Ever since seeing me at the club, he's been on my tail and it doesn't make any sense. I don't show him fear  because Killa told me that they can spot the fear in any parts of our body.

After getting the dress properly set on my body, I went to go do my makeup which wasn't much since it would leave my face anyways. I tried not to get into deep thought and then I poke one of my eyes out. After finishing, I got up and went to the kitchen where I saw Killa making something to eat.

"You want make me some too?"

"No,"

Rude, for no reason. I got up and took a piece of the sandwich that he made and walked into the living room space. Hearing him groan I knew I got under his skin. I finished eating and I felt a tap on my shoulder, not realizing that I had zoned out once again.

"I said that if you want to make it to his viewing, we better leave now,"

And so we did, we left.

"You know I'm here for you,"

"Yeah, I guess so," I said after resting my head on the window.

I then felt a hand on my cheek and my face wet, so I knew I started crying again.

"Get your shit together gen, you can't let them see you like this," he said as he parked the vehicle, "I know you're hurting, but leave that shit at the dorm and in this car right now,"

So I did. I wiped my teary eyes, blew my nose with the tissue he gave to me and put my shades on. Because how else can I hide these teary eyes? Killa then came around and opened the door for me helping me step out of the car and then closing it  behind me.

"We have to go to the Freeze Zone after, so don't take long grieving," I didn't even register his words and walked away with a roll of the eye.

He is always on about work, work work. Like we're at a fucking funeral, show some kind of sympathy or something.  As I was walking on the steps, I felt a hand entangle itself with mine and I knew from the touch it was his. He rubbed circles on the back of my hand with his thumb as we continued into the church and stumbled upon the green wooden structure that held his body inside. Killa squeezed my hand as reassurance but when I looked up to the face of the man who basically became my father, I couldn't take it. I broke down and Killa was there to hold me in his arms.

"I got you baby, I got you,"

How can he be so bossy and controlling at one second then be loving and caring the next?

I cried into his arms looking at Mr. Calhone and I couldn't move, I then felt other hands drape around my body like a jacket and realized the scents, the girls. My shoulders continued shaking uncontrollably as I watched him and I couldn't do anything to bring him back. All because that selfish person who does not care about people's life, wanted to take an inncoent man's life. How can they be so selfish? My sadness soon turned into anger and I realized that I had now shaken everyone off me. I turned around and walked to the front row where Mr. Calhone's sister was and hugged her.