A promise | rengoku x reader

not requested!!

"Well y/n! i'll be heading off to a mission now, but i promise you i'll come back safe!" rengoku gives you a kiss on your forehead

"Okay! safe travels !" you wave goodbye.

- a day later

You were so excited to see your husband, kyojuro rengoku. You both have been trying to have a baby for months!

"So.. i really am shinobu?!" you ask excitedly.

She nods. "The results came back positive!Good luck to you, and your husband." she smiles.

"Ahh! i'm so excited to tell him, he'll be so happy!" you say to yourself.

"I heard he was out on a mission with tanjiro, inosuke, and zenitsu. is that true?" shinobu asks.

"Yeah. i hope they come back safe.. Anyways, thank you for helping me, i'll see you later shinobu!" you wave goodbye and head to your house.

You decided to make it a surprise for him. it's big news, so you wanted to make a nice dinner.

You finished, and waited for him to come back.

1 hour goes by, 2, 3, 4, 5, all the way to a day.

you actually start getting worried. it's been 3 days, and you haven't heard from him in a bit.

He promised to come back, so you stop getting worried after a while.

You hear someone knock on your door.

You start getting excited. You couldn't wait to tell him the news.

"Hey my lov-... aoi? is everything okay?" you ask her.

She looked pretty upset.

"Rengoku... is terribly injured." she mumbles. "after the battle with upper moon 3.. Suprisingly, he managed to make it though."

You look at her in shock.

"Can i see him..?" you ask.

"okay.. follow me."

She leads you to the butterfly mansion.

You stare at your beloved sadly. You wish he would've never ended up like this.

"Y/n.? i never thought you'd see me like this." rengoku says.

You decide not to scold him. You just give him a big hug.

"You idiot.. you could have died!" you sobbed.

"I'm sorry, my love."

After a few weeks of treatment, he was back on his feet in no time!

You stayed by his side all that time, making sure he was okay.

-a week later.

"Feeling better?" you ask kyojuro

"i feel a lot better!" he replied.

He could finally go home, and you prepared a nice little dinner for him, and yourself. (for the 2nd time)

"Thank you y/n! this looks really good."

He starts eating.

"Kyojuro, i have to tell you something." you say with a straight face.

"Yes my love?" he replies.

"I'm pregnant." you tell him.

"Really?! i'm gonna be a father??" he asks with a big smile on his face.

"Yes!" you smile.

He picks you up and gives you a big kiss on the lips. "i love you so much y/n!"

"I love you too, kyojuro!"

honestly i was deciding whether it should be a bad or good ending, but your welcome for choosing good 💪