Chapter 6

"G-Gallie!" called Orion as he walked beside Galilei who walked to avoid him.

Galilei was avoiding him the whole day while Orion resorted to any means of getting her attention. He even asked for Miriam's help but she told him to confront her alone with his own will. He finally mustered the courage to talk to her and lower his pride a bit.

He stopped in front of her. "Stop for a while!"

She crossed her arms. "What do you want now, idiot?"

"I-I just wanted to apologize about y-yester-"

"There's nothing you need to apologize for," she huffed and tried to move around, but Orion blocked her.

"Listen to what I have to s-say," he stuttered.

"Okay, but make it quick," she said, stopping.

He sighed. "D-Did something happen yesterday?"

Her eyes widen a bit. She then averted her gaze away from him and pouted.

"H-hey! Are you okay, miss?" a woman asked Galilei as she passed by her.

A bead of sweat rolled down her face. "Y-yeah. I'm okay."

"But why are you carrying him? Don't you know that many people are looking at the both of you?"

"I need to bring him home. He passed out after a long story, and I had to do what I am doing now."

The woman looked at her from head to toe and walked away. "You must be one strong woman, then. You two look so adorable together. I hope you two continue to love each other till the omit end."

Galilei went pale at her words. "W-We're not a couple, ma'am!"

"Nothing h-happened," Galilei replied.

She placed her hands on her back and held them tight.

"Are you sure?" Orion asked, doubting.

"Excuse me," Galilei said as the door opened to her.

"Oh, yes?" the young lady asked. "How may I help you?"

Galilei looked at her. "Is this where Orion Moore lives?"

The woman nodded. "Yes. Do you need something from him? He's not here right-"

Galilei dropped Orion with caution and placed his arm over her shoulder as she held his side. "He's with me. He fainted so I had to carry him all the way here."

The lady blushed. "Oh. Come in."

Galilei settled him down on the couch and sat on another chair. The lady rushed to get a glass of water and a towel for Galilei.

She then sat down and held out a hand. "I'm Jane, Orion's cousin, by the way. You're-?"

Galilei shook her hand. "I'm Galilei Palmer, a classmate and a rival of his."

Jane smiled. "I'll just take him to his room. Is there anything you want to say?"

Galilei then exaplained what happened from the start to the end.

Jane gasped. "Oh! You're often mistaken as a couple, huh?"

Galilei fidgeted. "Y-Yeah. I just don't see how we look like one."

She placed a hand on Galilei's shoulder. "Don't worry! I won't tell him. Besides, I ship you two right now."

Galilei flinched. "Nice meeting you, Jane. I have to go now."

She nodded. "I'm sure. Besides, you wouldn't believe me if I told you about what happened."

He tilted his head. "I'm sorry? Did you just say something important? I didn't hear it."