Chapter 7

"Jane!" Orion called out from the staircase. "I thought Neil's here by Sunday?"

Jane ate the popcorn as she surfed through all the channels. "Yeah, but he told me he'd be here by now. Why? Have you seen each other?"

"Yeah, and it was one heck of a long-time-no-see reunion."

"Why?"

"Because he ticked off Galilei."

Jane stopped transferring channels and froze. "In what way?"

Orion scratched the back of his head. "He... um... He kissed her forehead."

It was silent for a moment. Then...

"Crap! Neil's such a flirty nuisance that can destroy my ship! Ugh! Why does he even have to come now of all times when there's progress already?!" Jane ranted.

"Um," Orion sweat dropped. "You okay, Jane?"

She looked at him with a bossy look. "Don't ever let Neil conquer your property, okay? If you don't, I'll kill you to bits and chop you."

"Isn't that supposed to be 'I'll chop you to bits and kill you'?" Orion asked.

"It doesn't matter," Jane crossed her arms and went back to changing channels. "My point is you fight for what is rightfully yours, idiot."

He went upstairs slowly. "Okay, I guess?"

Silence finally settled comfortably as Orion disappeared.

Jane sighed. "That flirty brother of mine is going to your school tomorrow, by the way. Be careful."

---

"Yo," Galilei greeted Orion as she smacked his head from behind. "What's wrong? You're spacing out a lot today."

Orion didn't greet Galilei first this morning, causing a lightbulb to turn on her head that he's not alright. He kept on staring at the board and holding his phone below the desk. When asked a question, he'd answer only when he snaps back to reality and that's when the teacher calls for his attention.

"O-oh," Orion said after a few seconds. "Are you okay?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and frowned. "No because my inferior friend isn't alright."

He looked down. "You're really looking down on me, huh?"

"Well, I thought a little teasing wouldn't hurt."

"But why?"

"Hmmm... Maybe because I'm sort of a secret sadist?"

"Seriously? I need to go grab my-"

A redhead popped out of the blue. "Yo!"

Galilei looked at him. "Neil."

Orion's jaw dropped. "You're here?"

Neil nodded. "Obviously. I mean, my cells are standing right in front of the both of you."

He then separated the both of them and wrapped his arm around Orion's neck. They then walked, Neil at the middle smiling while Galilei crossed her arms.

"I hate being interrupted," she whispered enough for Neil to hear.

"Don't worry!" Neil turned to Galilei. "At least people can pass by Orion so the whole corridor isn't blocked."

Neil saw an orange-haired girl walking towards them. The girl stared at him, but she turned away once they were closer.

"Oh, that's right!" Neil said as he leaned his face forward. "Why didn't you answer my calls last night? I was about to tell you about my coming to school."