Chapter 3

"Oh my god..."

Those words came out of his mouth as he studied the room more clearly. The room was filled with a dimmed white light. It's more likely for it to come from a computer. More like a laptop.

Positioned on the bed was a girl lying down on her stomach with eyes fixed on her laptop. She had her headphones on while her elbows were settled on a big pillow as she watched her screen.

Orion took a good look around the room despite the lacking amount of light.

There was a telescope placed near the doors to the balcony. A blue violin case was placed on the floor, untouched but, of course, played earlier. Books and music sheets were neatly piled on the bedside table. The bed was a light blue with a white patterned comforter. The floor was a polished wood, and so were the study table and chair on the spot closest to the door. The aforementioned spot showcased medals and certificates won from violin contests, martial arts competitions, school achievements, and academic rankings. Several picture frames showed a little girl playing the violin, kicking her opponent in a karatedo competition, wearing a black belt proudly, and being awarded. The four walls surrounding them were white with blue butterfly designs.

Orion squinted while taking note of his surroundings.

Something seems strange with the walls, Orion thought as he transferred his eyes from each side of the wall.

Posters were plastered around the wall. They were distanced equally from each other, giving his eyes some time to relax that if there wasn't enough distance, the walls would look messy and unorganized. Stuffed toys and different merchandises were arranged properly in shelves against the walls. There was a tall mini library filled with manga, which are Japanese comics, and novels. Orion looked closely and gasped.

"That's anime?!"

The girl flinched and looked at his direction. Surprise was clear on her face, but it was changed into anger once she knew who that person was.

"Are you Orion?!"

Orion was also surprised, wondering how the girl knew him by his name.

Then, he realized that it was...

"Is that Galilei?!"

---

"What are you doing here?!" she yelled after turning the light on.

"I-I was, um," Orion stuttered, grabbing the violin case as a defense.

"No. Not that," she replied, getting more pissed off.

"Uh oh..."

In the speed of lightning, Galilei grabbed her violin case and took down Orion by pushing his head forward and pulling his right arm backwards. He struggled to get her grip off of him, but Galilei kneed his stomach and elbowed his back.

"Intruder," she spat as she pushed him to her bed and pointed a slender stick to him.

"Let me explain!" Orion said, raising his hands in surrender. "Give me about 5 minutes and 31 seconds."

"Okay, start," Galilei said after setting her stop watch on.

"Earlier, I spied on you going home and took note of everything you did. Even though your brother drives you to school, you used your bike in going home. I really spied on you.

"You suddenly took a sharp turn, so I did my best to catch up. You were suddenly attacked by ferocious men, making me a witness since I managed to catch up with you from the turn.

"I came up to save the day. I punched those idiots off the way and brought you home. Of course, I remembered the route to your home due to my sharp memory, which no one has ever beaten before."