8. GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER (18+)

warning(s): 18+ MINORS DNI, cheating, smut, mommy kink, pet name (teach), not proofread

You couldn't get Teddy's words out of your head. That Andy would make up such bullshit about you. Didn't he care about you? Why would he do this shit? Just weeks ago, he was talking about leaving Laurie for you. And now, he was making sure you were all alone. Where the fuck was his heart? Was this a punishment for you not being there to pick up the phone? Was this all just an elaborate scheme to show you how much you had hurt him? To get back at you for the pain you caused him?

You couldn't fucking take it. You couldn't take another day not knowing what the hell was going on in his head. You couldn't take another day being so fucking alone. So, after your writing class, you got in your car and drove straight to the Barber residence.

It was a small house. Andy and Laurie had started renting the place from an elderly couple who had moved down to Florida but didn't want to sell the house they had raised their family in. So, when the charming young couple sent in an application to rent...Well, there was no way they could turn that down.

You had only been over once before. The study had met at Andy's place because the library was closed for a minor renovation and the rest of the group only had tiny apartments. You were the last person to leave, offering to help Andy clean up after he had made dinner for the group. And as you stood in the kitchen, looking over at him, his sleeves rolled up his forearms as he washed the dishes, cracking jokes with you, all you could think about was what it would be like for him to bend you over the kitchen island and fuck you as hard as he could.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Coming back here now felt like a violation of some kind. Andy was pushing you out of his life. He didn't want you. He didn't want you. He didn't want you. And yet... A part of you wanted to believe that that wasn't true. And you weren't going to give up until you got an answer to why he was acting like this. You had to know if he still wanted you, or if you had ruined everything.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Your heart had jumped up to your throat. It was suddenly dawning on you what you were doing. That you were going to see Andy. That you were going to talk to him, for the first time since before winter break. That you might be getting your answers. And that you might not like them.

You raised your fist to knock again, hesitating just before it met the wood, the uncertainty creeping up on you. It wrapped its hand around your throat, tightening the closer and closer your fist got to the door. You couldn't do this. You couldn't. This was not the sort of thing you did. You were not the kind of woman to be the other woman. If Any had cast you aside, good for you. You couldn't cause pain to Laurie that other men have caused to you. You couldn't be that woman.

Just as you started to turn, to go back to your car, the door swung open. And there he stood, eyebrows raised as he took you in. "Shit," he whispered to himself. To you, he said, "What are you doing here?"