15. NOW YOU GOT ME ALONE (18+)

warning(s): 18+ MINORS DNI, smut, dubcon, pet name (sunshine), reader's father is a jerk, not proofread

It took everything in you to not run when you saw the results of the tests. Because what you saw... God, it drove you up the fucking wall. How could this happen to you? Was this punishment for sleeping with a married man? Was the world really that cruel? (You would come to learn, of course, that the world was much, much crueler than this.)

It was damn near impossible to compose yourself before you returned to the office. Anxiety still creeped up your neck, wrapping its tendrils around your throat, squeezing tighter and tighter as you thought about what had happened. What were you going to do? Could you keep it? Was an abortion even an option? And, fuck, if you kept it, how would that affect you in school?

Worse, what would your family think?

Worst, what would Andy do?

You tried to swallow down your queasiness as you got back to the office, heading straight to the meeting room. You were a little early for the meeting, but you knew your father would want to talk to you, to run over some things before the clients arrived. It was a big, important case, and you couldn't afford to have it messed up. So, you went to the room, ready to tell your father you were back.

But, neither luck nor grace was not on your side. As you walked into the room, you tripped over your own feet, falling flat on your face. And, as you fell, your purse went flying, the contents of it spilling out all across the floor. And it happened in almost slow motion, as you watched the damned receipt from the Rite Aid slowly flutter down the ground, landing right at your father's feet.

He looked at the receipt.

It was like time had frozen. You were stuck, only able to push yourself so you were sitting up on your knees, watching as his eyes scanned down the paper, his eyes initially confused before slowly filling with what was unmistakably rage. "What the hell is this?" he asked.

"...a receipt," you mumbled.

"I know it's a fucking receipt. You wanna explain to me why you bought ten fucking pregnancy tests?"

You swallowed hard. "Because I needed to take them."

He stared at you, a prominent vein in his forehead sticking out so far you were sure it would burst. "And?"

You knew you couldn't lie to him. You were never very good at lying to him. Your father somehow always saw straight through you. But what do you say? How do you phrase it? You knew he would blow his gasket as soon as you told him, but what was the best way to break the news? To mitigate the damages?

Finally, you said, "You're going to be a granddad."

He stared at you, not saying anything.

"Surprise," you said in a weak sing-song voice, adding slight jazz hands for effect.