CHAPTER 16

(Ellie's POV)

"Forget about the seven days, I only need 3 days from you. Samahan mo lang ako na bukal sa loob mo. No tricks, and No lies. Just 3 days and it's over, you'll never see me again." Paliwanag nya naman pero ayoko na, suko na ako, nakakapagod na, pero habang hindi ko nakukuha ang ang divorce papers namin, there's no way that it's really over at hindi din ako makakapagsimula ng bago without it, kaya napaisip ako. 

"I know that you only want to be free, but letting you go is not easy for me Ellie. How am I supposed to let you go after all these years? Do you expect me to just let you go na parang wala lang nangyari? 3 days nalang ang hinihingi ko Ellie, I  want you to come because you want to at hindi dahil sa divorce agreement na ito, let's end this without hurting each other more, let's make memories that we won't ever regret." dagdag pa nya.

"Pero paano, When we're already hurting? Being with you is already hell to me Zach, how am I supposed to pretend na parang wala lang nangyari and be with you for another 3 days?"  Tanong ko pa habang unti-unti namang pumapatak ang luha ko but he suddenly  signed the rest of the pages in front of me.

"Let's end this nicely, maghihintay ako sa baba" he said at binalik sa envelope ang agreement at lumabas ng kwarto dala ito.

Napaupo nalang ako sa kama at nag-isip ng malalim. I don't really know what to do.
Ilang sandali, napansin ko ang journal na hawak ko. It's actually my baby book when I was pregnant with Ali, did Zach brought it here?

Binuksan ko ito and scan the pages that I used to write. Binasa ko ang mga dati kong sinulat and this brings back memories of when I still have Ali and my heart always sinks every time I think of him.

Dear Ali,

I'm sorry my little angel, I'm sorry for being careless, I'm sorry that I chose mommy over you. Sana huwag kang magtampo dyan sa heaven.
Pinili ko lang ang sa tingin ko ay tama. Even If I choose you, I know that you cannot be saved, but if I have the next time, I promise to choose you and protect you with all my might. So please help me find your Mom.

Love,
Daddy

...................

Dear Ali,

The travel ban is lifted, the border is finally open, and I can finally travel to see your Mom. Wish me luck, my Angel.

Love,
Daddy

.................

Dear Ali,

It's been a week since I arrived here in Croatia, but there's no sign of your Mom. I hope I can find her soon.

Love,
Daddy

..................

Dear Ali,

It's been 5 months since the last time I wrote to you, I'm sorry I still couldn't find your Mom. I just went to Austria, Romania, and Italy, tomorrow I'll be heading to Australia and hopefully, I could find her.

Love,
Daddy

...................

Dear Ali,

I think I'm going crazy, I've been to Australia and I still couldn't find her. What happened to your Mom? I hope she's living well. I really miss her and I miss you too my Angel.

Love,
Daddy

.................

Dear Ali,

I think I have to postpone looking for your mom, I totally forgot that there's still people relying on me. Napakaselfish ko talaga for being away for almost a year.
I hope I won' t be to late pag nahanap ko na sya.