CHAPTER 2: LUNCH BREAK

I spent the majority of the week setting up my classroom and organizing my office. Apparently, I would be teaching years 1-5, as Dumbledore felt that those ages were more crucial. "Perhaps, next year, we may be able to add in the older grades. Let's just see how it goes."

I was in the classroom, putting up educational sculptures and posters when I heard a light tap on the door. I turned and saw Severus standing there. "You skipped lunch," he said in his deep voice.

I looked at my watch. "Oh, you're right. I just got caught up in getting this done." He walked further into the room and laid a plate on my desk. "I figured as much, so I brought you something to eat. Surely you can take a break."

I wiped my hands on my jeans and made my way to my desk
"Thank you." I pulled the plate to me and started eating. He just stood there. "You're welcome to sit down," I told him. "It'd be nice to have the company. I've never heard Hogwarts be so quiet."

"Wait until the children arrive. Then you'll be wishing for quiet." I chuckled.

His eyes scanned the room. "You have a lot of models in here. Some are quite graphic."

I shrugged. "It's educational. I'm just herrto explain things that some children may not know."

"Don't you think that should be up to the parents?"

I swallowed. "Yes, well that would be ideal. But the students spend the majority of their year here. I'm just here to ease the growing process."

"We didn't have this class and managed to make it through puberty just fine."

I nodded. "Yes, but I remember when I was in seventh year, I went into the girls restroom and found a first year crying hysterically. When I finally got her to tell me what was wrong, she told me that she was dying. She was bleeding to death.

"Come to find out, that girl had started her period and had no idea it was going to happen. She was terrified. Nobody told her. That girl is one of the reasons I got into sexual therapy."

He stared at me. "Didn't you want to deliver babies at one point?"
I felt the blood drain from my face. "Yeah... I..." I was stuttering. I finally took a deep breath. I don't know why, but I felt like I could talk to him. "I did that for awhile. But when my mother died, I decided not to do that anymore. So I started doing sex counseling at the clinic.

"That got tiring too, so I quit and as luck would have it, I received an owl from Dumbledore offering me this job."

He nodded but remained silent. "You don't approve of this class, do you?"

He thought a moment, then carefully said. "I have mixed emotions about it. On one hand, you're right, the students need to be informed. On the other hand, I do not feel that it is the school's job to inform them."

I nodded. I respected his opinion. "Well, I guess we'll see if it's good or bad. But I am happy to be back. I've missed Hogwarts."
He looked around. "You seem to be almost finished with your classroom. You know we still have three days until the students arrive. What are you working on next?"

"Well tomorrow, I'm going to put together the course curriculum. And I have to go to Hogsmead to buy couple of jumpers. I've forgotten how cold the dungeons can get. So I may actually go to Hogsmead in the morning before I plan out this term."

"It is cold down here. That's why I always wear this cape. Plus it makes me appear scary to the students?"

"You like to seem scary to the children?"

He chuckled. "I run a tight ship."

I laughed. "Well, I guess you're doing your job then."

He gave me a small laugh. "If you want, I could go into Hogsmead with you. There are a few ingredients I need to pick up before classes begin. Plus you shouldn't go alone."

"You don't have to do that. I'm okay..."

"Just let me do it. It's not often I get to be the gentleman." He said when a funny tone. "I almost never offer."

I laughed. "Okay then, why don't we leave right after breakfast?"
He nodded. "It's a date." He stood and left the room, his long cape flowing behind him.

It was odd. This is the most Severus has talked to me since I arrived... or really at all. He did talk some that night in the Room of Requirement, but I was the one who mostly did the talking.
I smiled to myself. I felt like a silly school girl with a sil girl crush. I couldn't believe it.

Before fifth year, I never thought much Severus Snape. He's crossed my mind occasionally over the years. Now, since I've returned to Hogwarts, he's all I think of. And I knew this was just the beginning.

That night, I made my way to the
Great Hall. Before I opened the doors, I heard a voice behind me. "Well, I don't remember the teachers being so alluring when I went to school here."

"Excuse me?" I turned around to come face to face with a man who was quite handsome with blonde hair and blue eyes. He stood with confidence and pride before me, wearing a big smile. He had a nice smile, but something about him bothered me. "Do I know you?"

"I'm sure you do. I am Gilderoy Lockhart."

I crunched my face in confusion. "I'm sorry, I don't think I do."

"Pity. But it's not too late."

I laughed uncomfortably. "I guess not if we're both teaching here."

"Yes. Hogwarts is lucky that I became available in time to come teach the children. I'm very important."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, well..." I starting inch closer to the door."I'll be teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. And what will you be teaching?"

"Sex Education and Human Development."

He looked shocked. "I guess they didn't offer that class when I came to school here. I definitely would have taken it if it was taught by someone as sexy as you." His eyes scanned my body too to bottom and landing on my breast.

I didn't respond. I turned and walked into the Great Hall. He followed behind me. "How would you like it if a famous author took you out on a date? It would make you famous. Of course, not as famous as me."

I walked to my seat next to Severus and stopped, turning to Lockhart. "I've found that fame is quite overrated, so I'm good."

"We could just have dinner in private." Ugh! He is absolutely insane! How did he even get hired here? What was going through Dumbledore's mind. This man is creepy and unbelievably conceited. I've known him the minutes and already wish he would turn in the Black Lake.

"No, thank you."

"Are you sure? Not every girl gets this opportunity."

"I'd rather not, I find you quite vain and have a strong urge to put as much distance between the two of us as possible. So if you could please go away before I lose my appetite. And please do not speak to me again. You're creepy." I heard a few of the other professors that were nearby chuckle. Professor Lockhart's face turned red. He looked around at the others who were looking at him and then turned and exited through the door behind the professor's tables.

I pulled my seat out and say down. Severus looked at me with amusement on his face. "The audacity of that man!" I exclaimed.

"I think that was the greatest thing I've ever seen!"

I chuckled. "I'm happy to oblige!"
I began to spoon the food onto my plate. I glanced over and he was still looking at me. But when I turned to him, he quickly looked away, not wanting to get caught. I smiled to myself. I knew

The next morning, I woke up early so that I could look my best for going to Hogsmead with Severus. I put on a red summer dress that I knew may be a little too revealing. I wouldn't wear it if the children were here.

I carefully did my makeup, and used red eyeshadow and lipstick to match my dress. I put a non-smudge spell on it. I put on matching heals and rubbed glittery lotion on my legs. I didn't know why. Maybe I was overdoing it, but I really wanted Severus to feel attracted to me.
I suddenly became nervous. What if he thought it was slutty. I ran my wand around my dress, making it slightly longer, but still a couple of inches above my knee.