CHAPTER 3: HOGSMEADE

Severus and I left for Hogsmeade immediately after breakfast. As we walked, I kept yawning. "You didn't sleep well?" It was the first thing he'd said since we left Hogwarts.

"Not really. I guess I kept dreaming about being back here, but as a teenager. Reliving the bullshit I don't want to."

He turned his head to me. "Do you mean... with me?

I shrieked. "Of course not!" I realized how he could think that that was what I was talking about. "You're one of the only things I wanted to remember," I said lightly.

He smirked a little and we continued to walk in silence. I had a hard time. I talk a lot. I tend to prattle on at times. I think he assumed that's what was going through my head, because we stood outside a clothing store, not yet going in. He spoke slowly. "I know I don't talk much. It's not personal. I'm just not a very friendly man.

"But you are a friendly woman. I may not always respond, but I don't expect you to hold a silence that will feel awkward for you."

I smiled. "Thank you so much, that was a very awkward silence."

We walked into the door. We walked around the store. It was a witch's store, so he mostly followed and listened. I ended up buying more that just summer robes and jumpers. A lot more, even casual clothes.

Severus smirked. "When you shop, you shop. It's interesting how you seem to mostly wear dark colors."

I chuckled. "Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!"

This time he grinned. "It wasn't an insult. I'd bet you look gorgeous in them."

I stared at him, unable to control the smirk on my face. "Umm... thank you, Severus."

He looked at me horrified. His eyes were wide. His face was flushed red in embarrassment. "Spencer..." he began. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me. It's just weird having you here."
I nodded. "Of course, Severus. We weren't prepared for this. There's old memories overtaking us." I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a huge hug, which he once again patted my back in response.

We decided to go to the bookstore. I wanted to do some reproductive brushing up... Not that I needed it. But Severus didn't seem to mine. He wandered away and ended up buying four more books.
Of course, I had a while collection at home, but I hadn't read these. I continued to try to keep teaching myself. Not to mention, things are always changing in medicine, so it was important I stayed informed. I was also subscribed with about twelve medical magazines. You never know what can happen.

After that, I made my way to the romance section of the bookstore. Occasionally, I read these. I loved them. It's a guilty pleasure. Of course I like mystery, sci-fi, (I am a witch after all.) poetry, books about vampires.

I wondered to myself if Snape would judge me with my clothes and my books. Then I decided that I shouldn't care. I shouldn't change the way I look for him. If he ever decides he loves me, it needs to be the real me he loves.
'Ugh, stop thinking things like that about him!' I cursed myself silently. Just because he took my virginity over a decade ago doesn't mean he has feelings for me. I don't know why I can't think when he is around. I think I was just a bit of a big shock to see each other. It'll calm down in a few weeks.

We went to a quick restaurant and ate. We'd planned on eating at Hogwarts, but we were taking longer than usual and we were both hungry.

After we ate, we walked to the Potions Room. I've never been here! This place was huge! There were potions everywhere.
It was clear that the lady who ran the store knew Severus, she gave him a quick hello and walked over to me handing me a basket and a piece of paper. She knew it was my first time there by the way I was mesmerized. But at least she seems amused.