CHAPTER 12: LUCIUS MALFOY

Severus and I made our way out to the quidditch field and started up into the stands.

When we finally made it to the top, we took the last few seats in the middle. As I moved in, I realized that Lucius Malfoy was sitting in the seat beside me.
I froze. He looked up at me. Surprise crossed his face. "Spencer!" His eyes lit up. "I didn't expect to see you."

I turned around and smiled at Severus and sat down next to Lucius. "Come on, Lucius, you knew I was here."

Severus did not say a word as he listened to the two of us speak.
"I did." He sighed. "I just wanted to say hello. I assume you've met Draco?"
I nodded and sighed dramatically as I did. "I have."
Lucius chuckled. "What do you think of him?"
I crunched my face. "He's... for lack of a better word... a little shit!" I heard Severus snort at my statement.

"Surely, your mistaken."

"Nope. Not even a bit. But no worries. I'll watch over Draco. He reminds me of you." I said softly.
He grinned at me, then turned his attention to the game. This gave me a chance to talk to Severus. He looked upset.

"Severus?"

"You said you barely knew him. Clearly, you were close at one time." He huffed.

"A long time ago. Severus, he's just a friend."

He sighed, "just give me a bit to think." He made his way and out left in the middle of the match.
Lucius looked over at me. "I didn't mean to get you into trouble."

I swiped my hand as though there were an invisible fly in front of me. "He needs some time to act like a baby. He will come around."

Towards the end of the game, a few students were taken to the nurse. I made my way back to my dorm and found Severus standing outside. "It's not easy to any admit when I'm wrong. But I do believe I overreacted."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, holding him thought. "No, Severus. I've been keeping a lot of secrets and I'm afraid your going hate me when you find out about them. But I can't keep these things from you. You're an important part of my life. Everything out on the table."
In walked him to my chambers and when entered, I started a fire and hung up my cloak before making juice mixed with bourbon. We needed it.

Once the drinks were ready, I sat down across from him. I took a sip of my cup and sat it down.
"Severus, do you remember your last night of Hogwarts?"

He grinned, "how could I forget that?"

I small tear fell from my eye. "I never forget it. It haunts me."

He sat beside me and out an arm around he. "It can't be bad."

I stood up... "You have no idea."

"Spencer..." He sighed. "You're going to to make yourself sick keeping this to yourself. Whatever it is, we'll work it out... together."

"Promise?

"I promise." Tears fell from my eyes as I adjusted my head into his neck. "I love you Severus."

"I love you, Spencer," he spoke softly.

I sat up. "Wait until you know what to I have to say."

"What is it, Spencer?"

I took a breath. It was shaky. "It's a lot. When we left for summer, my mother realized I was pregnant. She was so angry that she cursed me, she beat me" the look on Severus's face was one I've never seen before, anger, surprise, grief, shock.

Still, I continued, "She took me to another doctor friend of hers who decided that I was too far along to get rid of it. My mother was so angry, she didn't speak to me for a week.