CHAPTER 2: A NEW START

My Guardian Angel

Ships: Hiccstrid

(12th March 2022) Author's Note: Hello everyone, I'm back again with another chapter. I wanna thank everyone for the support on the last chapter. I know you are probably thinking 'what do you mean support? There are just some reads and some comments' well those reads and comments mean so much to me. Anyways, let's get on with this one!

Chapter 2

After a full overnight flight, the plane had set down at another one Hiccup's father's private airstrips. Hiccup got up, slung his back-pack over his shoulder as one of the cabin crew unlocked the door. Hiccup got out, the morning chill shrouding him as he got down the stairs. For the first time in a long time, he wasn't surrounded by the press, he wasn't surrounded by cameras and journalists asking him about his father. Hiccup felt, free, like he was able to breathe.

Maybe this won't be so bad Hiccup thought as a black car pulled up near him. A man got out, he had a custom-tailored suit and was clearly carrying a concealed weapon.

"Good morning, Mister Haddock,"

"Hiccup is just fine."

"Sorry, good morning, Hiccup, I'm from the secret service detail who'll be protecting you while we you are here," With these words Hiccup's face formed a frown, "Don't worry sir, we won't be by your side 24x7, we'll just have eyes on you while you are out of the house and during school."

"Wait school?" Hiccup said as they got into the car.

"I guess that wasn't mentioned, you'll be going to school to keep up your appearance as a normal person." Hiccup could only stare, his education was mainly done by professional tutors. He'd never gone to a proper school. He'd dreamt of going to school, making friends, going to parties and everything else they showed in the movies. The car started to move as they slowly made their way into Berk highways. He saw the houses, the scenery, it was nothing that he had expected. It was your ordinary town.

After a while, they stopped Infront of a house. It was a bit dark, the front consisting of some flowers, a pathway leading to the door and a wooden porch. He got his belongings out of the car as the team parked the car in the garage, bringing out surveillance equipment away from prying eyes. Hiccup went in through the front door, completely unprepared for what he would see. The main door opened up to the front room which had a sofa and a nice T.V with a fireplace underneath it. There was a dining room which had a long table, some hanging lights and a cupboard for plates, spoons, forks and knifes. The kitchen was state-of-the-art with silverware, a massive fridge and food preparations. There were stairs leading up to the second floor. There was only a corridor which led to what appeared to be his bedroom. It was as big as the one he had back in the White House. There was king sized bed in the corner, A big table for his laptop and schoolwork, a nightstand with a drawer and a light. There was a sliding door which revealed the wardrobe. It had enough space for all his clothes. There was another door which opened up to the bathroom, which had a bathtub/shower along with a toilet and sink. He put his backpack down on the bed.

Time for a new start Hiccup thought as he started to unpack......

○(^皿^) っ Hehehe...

Sweat dripped from her brow as she landed punch after punch on the bag. Finally, she ended with a roundhouse kick as she took a seat on one of the seats in the training area, grabbing her drink and slowly sipping some water.

"Bad day?" A girl with raven black hair said sitting down next to her.

"Not too bad, I just gotta get ready for the competition the agency is holding next month, enough about me, how's your day going?" She asked back as packed her things, grabbing her towel from her gym bag and wiping some sweat off. As they got up to leave, a man around their age approached them.