CHAPTER 4: TRIAL AND ERROR

My Guardian Angel

Ships: Hiccstrid

Rated: T

Authors Note (July 9th 2022): For starters I am not dead. I am still alive. I hit a big writer's block in this chapter and due to school and studies I kinda forgot about this. I'm sorry for leaving this off but I've finally got a full timeline planned for this story with all events.

Let's do this!

Chapter 4

A shrouded darkness lay still in the room, the smell of fresh blood lingered in the air. The knife cut along his bare body once again as the boy winced in pain. Again, and again the knife left a bloody trail on him, each time deeper than the last. His objective was simple, don't scream, don't wince, show no weakness. Despite all the 'lessons' he had to endure, he was finding it difficult to show no weakness. The man unlocked the chains that he was confined to and grabbed him by the hair earning a small yelp from the boy. The man, tall and beefy, dragged the bloody boy to a bucket filled with water, a bloody trail left behind on the cold hard ground. Suddenly, the man grasped the boys head and with a strong hand, kept it under the water. The minor stayed still for a little while before beginning to violently thrashing for air. He could feel it, the air escaping from his lungs, his body slowly leaving a conscious state.

"Stop." The man let go of the youth's head as he wheezed out all the water he had inside of him, air filling him up. Through blurry eyes he made a shadowy figure conversing with his 'teacher' in Russian.

He looks promising.

The words of the unknown man echoed in the boy's mind. He couldn't hear the whole conversation but only fragments and phrases.

I want you to break him more, I still see weakness in him.

The shadowy figure left the room as the 'teacher' grabbed a whip from the stand. All the boy could do was watch as he approached him. His will to scream and cry was suppressed once more as the cold whip came down on his broken body......

(╯▔皿▔) ╯

It had only been 2 weeks since Hiccup, or Hunter as he's now known as, has joined Berk High. Even though it was such a short time, it felt like forever. The small group of friends he'd met on his first day put into perspective how hollow his life was. He never actually had any proper friends. On conference days he got to meet some senator's children but he never really interacted with them. This was his chance at living a normal life and he was going to make the most of it. Hiccup had integrated himself into the group, understanding how it functioned and the personalities of each member. He felt something special when it came to 2 members of the group, Astrid and Toothless. He'd gotten close to Toothless as he felt that when he looked at him, he saw himself. Toothless too had a closed off life, the only difference between their lives was that unlike Hiccup, Toothless went to school. At first Hiccup thought Toothless was very lucky but Astrid had told him that when Toothless used to go to his old school, he was relentlessly bullied. There were many other mysteries to Toothless' life but Hiccup understood not to rush in too deep.

He got out of the car as the chilly morning air of Berk prickled his neck as he walked on inside the building. He walked past the familiar hallways and made his way to his locker. Opening it, he looked at the time-table he had stuck onto the inner door of his locker and grabbed the books he needed and stuffed them into his bag. Suddenly he heard the locker next to him open. He closed his locker to reveal Astrid also grabbing her books. A sudden rush of warmth overcame Hiccup as he stood there looking at her.