The mask begins to slip (COTE part 4)

Ayanokouji was narrating, once again.

"Wow, it's bigger than I thought it'd be."

"Heh. Yukinoshita, that's what she-"

"Shut up, hikigaya."

Horikita and I met after school to go to the gymnasium, for the club fair. 

Almost everyone there were first years; around 100 people were waiting nearby.

'Hmm, there's a skip from the last episode. That's strange, their school looks like some shounen psychology type, but the content so far has been more like a slice of life. And horikita is likely the love interest.'

Ishigami, manga and anime connoisseur he was, started analyzing the series once again. 

As we entered the gym, pamphlets with details about club activities were passed out.

"I wonder if this school has a particularly famous club. For example... something like a karate club?"

'Like I thought, horikita likely practised something. I wonder if the other students do too?'

Yukinoshita didn't take her eyes off the screen. 

Even as hikigaya squirmed at the thought of (someone who looks eerily similar to but denies it fervently) horikita using karate.

"A lot of clubs here seem to be high-levelled. There are a lot of members in a lot of clubs that are nationally known."

Even though this school isn't particularly known for its sports like baseball or volleyball, it isn't like the club activities are at the "hobbyist" level.

"The facilities are also high quality. Look, they even have oxygen capsules. All the equipment put pro's equipment to shame. Ah, but it looks like they don't have a karate club."

"... I see."

"Why, are you interested in karate?"

"No, not particularly."

Yukinoshita let out a breath of air. He had to know, right? She wouldn't inquire about a karate club unless she was interested. The connection was way too obvious. She was right, ayanokouji was not as skilled as horikita.

"But you know, it looks like an inexperienced person will have a hard time joining a sports club. Even if someone made their high school debut, they would be a substitute for an eternity. I don't think it would be fun."

Everything around here seems too orderly and tidy.

"Isn't that dependent on the effort they put in? After 1 to 2 years of training, anyone can become good."

Training... I don't think I would be able to put in much effort.

Ichinose smiled at Kiyotaka, amused.

Ryuuen also snickered.

"Thank you for waiting, first-year students. A representative from each club will explain their activities and how to join. I am Tachibana, the secretary of the student council and the chairman responsible for this club fair. Nice to meet you."

After the greeting from Tachibana, the club representatives lined up on the stage of the gym.

There were various representatives, ranging from those wearing judo uniforms to beautiful kimonos.

"Hey, if you ever change your mind, try joining a sports club. Doesn't that judo club look good? That senpai looks nice and encouraging."

"What part of him looks nice and encouraging? That gorilla looks like he could kill someone at any time."