1 | Partner

Malvika :

Malvika :

They call this the City of Love.
I called it the symphony of emotions that were never for me.

I slowly got off my soft bed and opened the window. Cool breeze entered the luxurious hotel room. I drew in a deep breath, the cool fresh air seemed to calm my senses. I looked at the Eiffel Tower. I had seen it so many times, and never understood what made it so special.

Maybe only lovers understood.

I stretched a bit and freshened up.
I was finally going to talk to an Indian guy today. It had been a while since I had spoken to an Indian and this somehow got me excited.

Oh! I didn't tell you about me, did I?
I am Malvika Singhania, sister of the esteemed business tycoon Akshay Singhania. People might called me a spoilt brat, and I didn't mind it either. I was really rich and I loved to spend money. I loved travelling and enjoying myself. 

After running around the whole world I finally wanted to do some work and make bhai (brother) proud.
So here I was.

I had put up a notification on my social media that I wished to invest in some business. There were so so many people who wanted me to do it in theirs, but I had shortlisted only some ten people. This Indian was the last.

I hadn't liked the previous guys, I didn't like their submissive attitude. To be very honest I wasn't really interested in work, I just wanted to do something new. So I wanted a responsible man to do it for me.

I was going to hold an online meeting with this man. 

I looked at myself on the mirror. Gosh! What a mess I looked! 
My dark brown curls were now a bird's nest, but even then I loved the way my sharp brown eyes looked with the faded mascara. I had this very slight dusky look that I absolutely loved. I forced a smile, and there goes the most beautiful girl in the world on the mirror!

Feeling good about myself I finally decided to change into something presentable.

••

Vanraj :

Vanraj :

"Leela, the reason Meera left this house is your son. Stop blaming her for everything now.", My father said in annoyance. 
I sighed as I tried to put the morsel of food into my mouth.

"Really? Every thing is my son's fault only? Your darling daughter in law is always right?", Maa said irritably.

"Can we not quarrel over this, please?", I said trying very hard to keep my temper in control and somehow stuff the morsel of food in my mouth.
"Vanraj, whatever you did to Meera was pathetic. Please explain that to your mother.", Father said getting back to his food.

I drew in a sharp breath and stood up.

"Vanraj what happened?", Maa asked in concern.
"Nothing, my stomach's full.", I stated curtly eyeing my father who didn't bother to look up.
I strode across the hall to my bedroom and shut the door with a bang.

Heaving a deep breath in I looked at the bed before me. This room. It was suffocating. I desperately wanted to break something, to vent out this anger but when you are middle class you don't have that choice.

I felt tears of anguish itch my eyes. I drew in a deep breath again.

Calm down Vanraj. It's fine.. You have other work.. You have work.. It's your solace.. You'll be fine.

I sighed, as my pulses calmed themselves.
I blinked off my tears and walked down to the mirror. I wore a blue formal shirt with trousers, although it was an online meeting but I had to look presentable. I was tall, almost six feet two with sharp eyes. My hair was neatly combed. I had neatly trimmed my beard. 

After all it was Malvika Singhania I was going to talk to. I knew little about her, more about her brother who was a big businessman. I aimed to become one, one day.

I knew I would.
I was done with being the taunted, despised loser. Ever since Meera, my ex wife divorced me and I lost my job my family had treated me like some villian. I needed to make money to remind them who I was.
After all, everyone bends before power.

I forced a smile, I looked good.
I drew in a deep breath, hoping this meeting would finally change my life.

•••

One is darkness, the other is the light.
One is the villian of his story, other the heroine of hers/
What happens when two very different world collide?

What do you think about Vanraj and Malvika?
Drop in your views!