38| "Only One Promise"

Malvika

Vanraj and I rushed down stairs.
The car door shut outside as I heard his footsteps.

Akshay Singhania stepped into his mansion, looking like nothing ever happened.
"What?", He asked the moment he noticed both of his.
"That's the question we should be asking you.", Vanraj stated sharply.

Akshay raised a brow.

"Excuse me?"
"Where were you?", He asked.
"I was busy.", He replied, trying to ignore us. He decided to walk past us.
Vanraj instantly caught hold of his wrist.
I could feel his aura of power.

"You will answer a few questions.", Vanraj said sharply.
Akshay Bhai yanked his hand free, turning towards us.

"Bhai, you left a piece of paper for Meera and left. What's your explanation?", I asked.

He drew in a deep breath, shutting it's eyes.

"You can clearly see I haven't left, I am back. Now stop-"

"What is your relationship with Arshi?", Vanraj asked straight away.
"Who the hell are you to ask? It's my personal business.", Akshay Bhai asked sharply.

"Relationship with Arshi Sabrewal?!", This was Meera's voice, she was at the staircase, staring at Bhai.

"Meera! Ah.. you're getting it wrong. It's not-"

"No. But how do you know Arshi Sabrewal?", Meera asked as she slowly walked down the stairs.

She stood before him.
Vanraj took a step back.

"Meera.. she is my client.. this Vanraj is over reacting.", He said, trying to play cool.
"Akshay, who the heck takes his clients to gynaecologist's chamber?", Vanraj asked irritably.

"Oh God! She was right! You've been following me, haven't you?! Why are you so jealous?", Akshay Bhai said as if he had hit some great realisation.

Arshi had already manipulated him.

"Jealous? I am sorry, but of what?!"

"My relationship with Meera and Samar. Stop being pretentious.", Akshay Bhai said spitefully.

"No no.. Akshay first tell me. What is your relationship with Arshi?", Meera said holding her head.
She looked terribly exasperated.

I noticed Vanraj was already holding her hand.
As odd as it was, I felt a pang of jealousy strike me.

Malvika it's a trap.

Akshay Bhai drew in a deep breath.
"Meera.. you know I always wanted kids.. a family.. so.. I told you also that we could go for IVF or surrogacy in case you don't want to bear the child.."
"Get to the point.", She said.

"She's the surrogate mother of my baby."

"WHAT?!", Both of them shouted in unison, in outrage.
"Do you have the slightest idea of the kind of woman she is?", Vanraj asked, sounding almost concerned.

"Doesn't matter. And your opinion definitely doesn't matter. I know the kind of man you are, Mister new found Rathore.", He said sharply.