Chapter-3

Author's Note: I do not own Re: Zero and A Will Eternal. This fanfiction is a non-profitable work. I make no money out of it. I am just writing this for fun.

And Subaru won't have Return by Death in fanfic. Chapters 1 to 6 consists of training arc and original time line of Re:zero starts from Chapter 7. But I strongly recommend you to not skip them or you will be confused.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

"Dialogues are shown like this" and 'thoughts like this'.

Chapter-3

"So there is still hope for my isekai adventure. I thought I should go back to my plain and boring world again." Asked Subaru hopefully.

Bai Xiaochun just stood there silently without answering for a few seconds. Just as Subaru was about to speak again, Bai Xiaochun asked him, "Subaru, there is no such thing as mana or Qi in the world you came from, right?"

Subaru was perplexed why such a thing matters, but he still answered "Yeah if someone says such things exist in my world he would be treated as a chuunibyou."

Bai Xiaochun doesn't know what this chuunibyou is, but he got the answer he is looking for. Sighing, he said, "Subaru, I am sorry to say this, but no matter how much you try, at most, you can reach the power of normal solider in that world."

Subaru got both shocked and angered by this revelation. He shouted "Hey, this got to be a joke ! This should be a joke, right? If not, what the hell am I supposed to do in another world?"

After his outburst, Subaru got depressed so much that it can be seen in his slumped posture. He calmed himself and asked, "Why is it not possible for me to become an overpowered protagonist?"

Seeing the kid getting depressed, even Bai Xiaochun felt bad. But he still answered, "The answer is simple. From what I can see, your body is not adapted to mana since there is no such thing in your world. So your aptitude in magic is pitiful. Whereas in the isekai world, as you put it, every being from the moment of birth is nourished by mana. So the average strength of people there is way high above your world."

Listening to this explanation, Subaru felt like he got duped by the light novels he read. If he was still in his original world he would even consider suing them. Just as another bout of depression was about to hit him, what seemed to be a voice of god saved him.

"But there is still hope for you kid to become the strongest. Thank your lucky stars that you met me today. Hahaha." Bai Xiaochun laughed smugly saying this.

Listening to this hope returned to Subaru's eyes as he asked, "Y-you, you would help me?"

Bai Xiaochun turned his face towards stars in the distance, releasing his aura to make him look ethereal, and gave a sigh to add some mysterious effect, he glanced at that kid from the corner of his eye. Seeing the kid staring at him with awe, he knew he got the desired mysterious expert effect. Bai Xiaochun continued

"Of course kid. As fate would have it, just as I was thinking about taking a disciple, you were presented before my eyes. So if it was okay with you, I would take you in as my disciple. Even though I may not look like it but I am the strongest being alive in the present universe." Bai Xiaochun said with a smile.

Subaru felt like dancing with joy, he immediately bowed to the man before him and said, "I will be in your care. Please take care of me, sensei."

Even Bai Xiaochun felt happy hearing this. Even though he is someone who lived very long, in his life he only got one disciple, Bai Hao. People felt that he was not suited for teaching, saying that he was too carefree and irresponsible, despite how Bai Hao turned out to be one of the strongest beings and an even greater alchemist.