I Will Always Wait for You

Narrative 

   The snow fell slowly on the town of Okutama. It was a busy day and the people were rushing about to get their chores done before dark. The girl walks past the stands. Her h/c hair tied neatly into a bun, wearing a f/c kimono and a white haori. The fabric. Where is the fabric. She wanted to make a new haori for her younger sister Haruka. Her old one was torn when she fell out a tree a week ago. It's a miracle she was hardly harmed. 

She looked along the stands until she found a nice green fabric that caught her eye. It was as if it was made of emeralds. She walked up to the woman at the stand. "How much for this?" "Oh that?"

~~~

"Okaasan! I'm home!" The woman with long, black hair turned from her spot at the table. "Oh! Thank goodness you're here! So, You're thirteen now. I thought it was time we found you a husband, Y/n." Y/n looks at her mother in shock. "Already?" 

"You won't marry him straight away. We'll wait until you're sixteen of course, but I've found you a suitable husband. I've known his mother since birth, and her son is quite the young man. Very kind and handsome he is. He and his family will be coming in an hour. Please prepare lunch and tea."

"Yes ma'am."

~~

Y/n heard the door open from the kitchen, and heard voices of many people. They must be here. "Y/n! Please bring the tea and meet the Kamado's!" She gathered the tea and many cups on a tray and went into the living room. "My my, she's quite the beauty!" Y/n looks around the room at the many people, most being kids. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Kie Kamado. And these are my children, Takeo, Shigeru, Hanako, Nezuko, Rokuta, and finally, my eldest, Tanjiro." 

The girl bowed down respectfully. "I'm pleased to meet you. I am Y/n L/n." She smiled. "So we've heard." Y/n brought the tea over and sat it on the chabudai. She locked eyes with a boy who looked around her age. He had red hair and eyes, and kind features. This is Tanjiro, she remembered. Her soon to be fiance. He gave her a nervous smile as he reached for his tea. "So about this engagement, I feel it is a great idea. Don't you think Tanjiro?" His eyes break away from the girl's and he turns to his mother, nervously nodding in agreement. "Tanjiro, Y/n. Please take the kids into another room and watch them. Get to know each other too!" M/n says, motioning to the younger kids in the room. Nezuko smiles and picks up Rokuta. "Let's go then. Lead the way Y/n-chan!" The kids walk into the living room and spread around, the younger ones playing with each other. Nezuko agreed to watch Rokuta while Tanjiro and Y/n talk. 

As the days went on, Y/n and Tanjiro grew quite fond of each other. They would talk anytime Tanjiro came down to the village, blushing at even the sight of her. But all good things must come to an end.

"Y/n, I have some news for you." Her mother came in crying. "The Kamado's are dead, and Tanjiro and Nezuko are missing." Y/n felt her world shatter and she fell to her knees. Day after day, her mother would come in with new suitors for the girl, but she refused to even look at any of them. "Please okaasan! Please can we wait! They'll come back I swear!" "Enough Y/n! He's gone. He will never come back. I love you, but I can't just sit here and let you waste away over a boy!" Her mother frowned. "Please! I promise, if he's not back by the time I'm 18, then I'll find a new suitor. Please! Just let me wait a little longer! Please!" The girl was crying on the floor, begging her mother. "Fine. But only until you're 18."

Year after year passed, and soon, the girl was 17, still holding on to the hope that Tanjiro would one day, return. She sat in her room with her little sister Haruka, playing dolls with her. 

"They're back!"

"They've returned!"

"Look how big they got!"

The h/c haired girl perked up. She ran to the window and slid it open, sticking her head out and searching frantically. There! It's true! They really are back! "Tanjiro!" The red-eyed boy turned toward her house, his eyes meeting hers, and they brightened instantly. Y/n ran down the steps and rushed outside, tackling the boy to the ground in a hug. "You're back! I can't believe this! You're really back!" Her tears stained his haori and she felt him hold her back. She then pulled away, and slapped him. He looked to the side in shock, only more confused when she hugged him again. Did his hand wander where it shouldn't have? "Why would you just leave like that! You had me so worried! Please don't do that ever again! At least tell me before you leave!" 

He smiled softly, understanding why she slapped him, and embraced her back tightly. She stood up off Tanjiro and met with Nezuko, who was smiling widely. "Nezuko! You've gotten even prettier!" She hugged her. 

"Will you still be my bride, Y/n? I know you may not love me anymore, and I wouldn't blame you, but if you still have even a fraction of love for me, please let me love you forever!" Y/n smiled and her mother came up behind her. "Oh she still loves you alright! She refused to even look for a new suitor. She's been waiting for you this whole time!" "Mom!" She turned back to Tanjiro. "Of course I will marry you!" She paused. "Who are those two behind you?" Tanjiro turned around. "Oh! These two are my best friends Zenitsu and Inosuke. "Oh, well please come in for tea!" 

Everyone heads inside, but Tanjiro and Y/n fall behind. "I'm so happy you waited for me!"

"Tanjiro, I will always wait for you."