Period

Guys I'm on my period and I'm gonna cry. Y/n will suffer with me!

Narrative

If she would have known this would happen, she wouldn't have agreed to stay in the same room as Tanjiro. She wasn't expecting her period to come so early, and now she was embarrassed. 

~~~

Tanjiro's eyes snapped open with a jolt, instantly darting around the room. He could faintly smell blood, and he grew worried. His eyes moved to the bed next to his, where his girlfriend lay sleeping. He got up and moved to check on her, and the closer he grew, the stronger the scent was. He was sure it was her who was bleeding. 

Tanjiro's injuries had prevented him from going on any missions. The girl said she would try to take the night off, but now he smelt blood from her. Was she injured? Had she gone out on a mission anyway? 

As much as it pained him, he shook the girl awake gently. She sat up with a yawn and smiled slightly at Tanjiro. "My love? What do you need?"

"Are you hurt? Do I need to get Aoi?"

Y/n looked confusedly at him. She hadn't gone on a mission that night, just as she promised, and she didn't remember being injured. Then it hit her.. like a truck really. Tanjiro thinks she's injured. Meaning he must smell blood, and she wasn't injured. The only other explanation... 

The girl shot up and ran to the bathroom. Her suspicions were correct. She started her period. The cramps settled in and she panicked. Did she leave blood on the mattress?? She quickly ran out, got a change of clothes, and then once dressed, ran out and checked the sheets, all while Tanjiro watched her worriedly. There was blood on the sheets..

Tanjiro quickly limped out the room and came back moments later with Aoi. Pleading her to take a look at whatever injury Y/n has. Once Aoi saw the sheets, she laughed lightly and stripped the bed. 

"There's nothing to worry about Tanjiro. Y/n is completely fine."

Tanjiro looked at her with his brows furrowed. But that's all he got as Aoi left the room with the sheets from Y/n's bed.

When Tanjiro looked at Y/n, she was hiding her face in her hands, and he could smell the embarrassment radiating off her. Suddenly, a lightbulb went off in his head. He remembered his mother teaching him about this. He smiled softly and walked up to the shamed girl, crouching down to her huddled form, and removing her hands from her face. She looked up and him and he gave her the best smile he could muster, and then pulled her in for a hug.

He sat there stroking her hair until she calmed down. He grabbed her hand and led her to his bed and told her to lay down, and stay there, and Y/n watched as he left, after dressing.

When he returned, Y/n was asleep, holding her stomach area in pain, curled into a ball. He walked over to her and placed her surprise food on the nightstand, and then shook her awake gently. 

"Y/n, darling! Wake up!"

She opened her eyes and sat up, still embarrassed from this morning. Her eyes then traveled to the nightstand, where (f/f) sat. Her eyes lit up and she turned to Tanjiro, her eyes seeming to ask if it was for her. Tanjiro laughed lightly and handed her the food with a smile.

The girl ate the food gratefully, and once she was finished, she pulled Tanjiro down onto the bed with her, and he wrapped his arms around her tightly. 

"I love you so much!"

She truly had the best boyfriend in the world.