Free Me

Narrative 

     She sat there, in her shortened, (F/C) kimono, awaiting a demon slayer who would be her next victim. Her blood demon art was extraordinary. She was upper moon 4, so of course she was strong. She had two fighter fans, and had the ability to control the wind around her with those fans. She could slice one's skin with just a flick of her wrist.

     She sensed someone coming, so she prepared herself. However, this slayer didn't seem particularly strong. He stepped into the clearing. The second she saw him, her breath hitched. He was breathtaking. He had red hair, and mesmerizing red eyes. His eyes were kind, and full of love. She blushed and stood up from her spot. Making herself known.

     He stopped and looked at her, drawing his sword. "Demon slayer," she gently said. "Tell me, what is your name? Why is there a demon on your back?" He stared at her, not saying a word. It was then when he noticed her eyes, E/c with the engraving 'Upper Moon 4' on it. He feared her, but he could smell something. There was something off about this demon, and it wasn't that she was a twelve Kizuki. What could it be? Then his eyes widened in realization.

     "My name is Tanjiro Kamado, and the demon I carry on my back is my sister, Nezuko Kamado. What's your name?"

She never thought she'd be making small talk with a slayer, but she couldn't help herself. She always was a bit of a romantic, and something about this boy was different.

"My name is Y/n, and I'm upper moon 4... So, what brings you here, Kamado? You should leave, I wouldn't want to have to hurt you."

Tanjiro looked straight ahead at the demoness. "I have a question."

"What is it, slayer?"

His eyes furrowed. "Why?" He paused. "Why would you hurt others?"

She frowned. "What do you mean? I have no choice. I am a demon after all."

Tanjiro smiled kindly at the demoness. "My sister. She's a demon. But she works to protect humans."

"Impossible! Master says we have no choice. We're unlovable, grotesque creatures. We're meant to kill. There's no escaping it. That is our destiny!"

Tanjiro's face held a sad smile. These demons are pitiful creatures. Always being manipulated and scared. 'I will never forgive Muzan Kibutsuji for what he has done!' "Y/n, things don't have to be this way! I know a demon who can break the curse! You won't have to live in fear anymore! You can be free!"

Y/n's eyes widened. Is this true? Or is it a trap? He seems genuine, but how can she know for sure? All she knows is she's tired. Tired of feeling alone and scared. Tired of hurting everyone. Tired of mindlessly following all of HIS demands. Hmm. Even if he's lying, even if this is all a ploy to kill her, she doesn't mind. At least then she will be free.

She steps forward towards his outstretched hand, tears falling from her eyes. She takes his hand and he smiles at her. "I- I want to be free. Please, free me from this curse!"

~~~

Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Y/n all walk through a wall to Lady Tamayo's new house. The knock on the door and the beautiful demon opens the door. 

"Tanjiro! Nezuko! It's been far too lon- Why is a twelve Kizuki with you?" Her eyes darken.

"Lady Tamayo, this is Y/n! We're here to remove the curse. She no longer wishes to serve Kibutsuji. She wants to be free!"

Tamayo looked at the poor, nieve boy. What if the demon was nothing but a filthy liar? However, one short glance at the demon, and she could tell. This demon is suffering, and wants to be saved. She ushered them all inside and got to work. She removed the curse and altered her so she wouldn't need much blood.