Phone call?

Amukelani's POV

"The Khozas." says dad. My eyes widen in shock. "Please tell me this is some sick joke and you will say there are cameras everywhere." I say. "I don't joke about such things Amukelani." "I don't know about you but i have two kids i have to look after and i don't have a death wish." says Aphiwe.

"We have more than enough money to last us a lifetime and even the grandkids. We don't need to take over their territory." says mom. "Plus baba we make our money doing legal things so its a bonus." I say. "Thats not happening." shouts dad.

"Lalela la baba! They are the most dangerous people in the country we can easily target the smaller groups and get more money. I am not going to be killed by the Khozas! There are other ways to die." I say. (Listen here dad..) "Don't forget who is older." I sigh. "They are the most dangerous people in the country. I am not ready to be murdered and there is a lot I'd like to accomplish." I say in a calm tone.

"Baba i love you a lot but i will have to agree with mama on this one." says Ayanda. "Baba thats dangerous. Why can't we overtake another turf." says Asanda. For the first time this girl talks sense. "Who runs this turf?" asks dad. "You." we answer simultaneously. "And what i say?" "Goes." "I'm seeking revenge on him and it has to be done."

"I can't be here if you gonna talk this rubbish." says Aphelele. "Me too." I stand up and finish my food and put the plate in the sink and leave. We walk to his car. "I can't believe baba said that." says Aphelele. "He doesn't understand the danger he is putting us in." I say.

"Thats what happens when you are born in the car." he says. "Now i understand why he is mentally unstable." "Thats your father you talking about." says Aphiwe. "Not at the moment." I say and he laughs.

"I called the others so we can have a proper conversation without him being there." says Aphiwe. "Is your father okay though maybe his BP has increased and we haven't realised it." I say and they chuckle. "He is okay. I don't know why he would want to attack the Khoza's though." "He said something about revenge."

"At his big age though." says Ayanda while approaching us. Asanda arrives too and stands next to Aphiwe. "What could the Khoza's have done to him that he wants to seek revenge." asks Aphelele. "Maybe they poached his clients I don't know... I doubt it's deep and he decides to take it personally." I say. "It can't be that." "Then what is it?"

Ayanda shrugs his shoulders. "Could it be for more money?" asks Aphiwe. "Probably." I answer. "If it is for money he would have told us already." says Asanda. "And you would have agreed." "Who doesn't want more money." "If you have nothing better to say rather save it." She rolls her eyes and i do the same. "Guys let's not start please. We can't be apart of this thing it's dangerous."

"Vele we won't be apart of it. I have kids and a girlfriend that I go back home too." says Aphiwe. (Of course..)  "I'm never one to back down from war but I think we should try and convince him to stop because these people are the most dangerous and ruthless. I mean dad is ruthless but I doubt he reaches their level." says Asanda. "Finally some sense." I mumble.

"Amukelani not now." says Aphiwe. "What did i do?" I ask and he sighs. "Lets meet up again weekend and tell him that there is no way we are apart of this. I'm sure he thinks we will change our minds but we won't." "I'll tell him tomorrow." "Just wait for the weekend." "Fine." "I can ask mom to convince him in the meantime." says Asanda. "Please do."