Leave me alone

I stretched my creaky and sore bones once I heard the lunch bell ring. I yawned and blinked a few times before I picked my backpack up but someone stopped me.

"Hey, MJ. Are you still selling your body?" I turned around to face my teacher.

"Who's asking, old man?" I didn't even bother fully turning my body. I didn't want to waste my time on this pervert.

"No one in particular," he had this wide grin plastered on his wrinkly face, "just you wait until your a senior, MJ~"

I audibly gagged and left without a word. Yeah, I was going to skip his class until summer vacation.

I went into the cafeteria. It was basically like a house party, just without the loud music and illegal stuff.

"Hey, they/thussy!" I have never groaned so loudly. Only when I'm having sex, though, of course.

I ignored the voice and pretended like I couldn't hear them over the chatter of many different students.

"C'mon, they/thussy! I know you can hear me!" I swear I almost snapped at that point.

"What the fuck do you want?" I turned around and glared at them.

They smiled and walked up to me, "why did you leave me on read? That's not very kind of you." They pouted, making me roll my eyes.

"Bro, I told you to stop talking to me, did I not?" I rubbed the bridge of my nose with one hand and kept the other in my pocket.

"No, you told me to not tell anyone that you took my-"

I damn near shitted my pants, "shut the fuck up you asswipe!"

"What? Don't want anyone to know that you fucked a freshman?" I groaned once again and took them by the wrist. I didn't want anyone to hear this conversation.

I walked us to the courtyard. Still populated but this time we can actually hear each other. And I could smoke here.

I placed a cigarette between my lips and lit it, "want one?"

"Uh, no. I'm trying to quit." They said with a poker face, obviously trying to be sarcastic.

"Don't act smart with me, kid." I warned, "what do you want from me?"

They looked at me with another dumbfounded look, "what do you mean?"

I sighed and took a deep puff, "so now you want to act stupid," they gave me a dumb smile, "why are you trying to keep contact with me? I fucked you once and that was it. Stop following me around like some lost puppy."

Their smile faded and they looked into space, "I wanted to know your name."

I scoffed, there was no way some fling got feelings for me.

Rule number one amongst teenagers that like fucking with no feelings involved: don't get feelings. Easy, right? Well, not for some.

"Don't tell me you got a crush on me?" I teased them as I took my last couple puffs from my cigarette.

They began to laugh, "no! No, not at all. Don't worry," they wiped stray tears from the corner of their eyes, "I just seemed to relate to you and I wanted to become... friends?"

Friends. I haven't had that in a long, long, time.

This wasn't going to end well.