you cant hide forever

we ran for what seemed like two minutes, because it was two minutes.

we stopped in front of a liquor store, surprise surprise, panting like a dog with a sweater in the desert.

after a while of what sounded like a fuck fest, i spoke, "who... and what... the hell... was that."

after some more panting and some dry chuckling, [redacted] responded, "that... was my mother."

i swallowed hard and looked up at them. i started laughing. loudly.

"you still got mommy looking over you?" i doubled over and began cackling at this point. now that i look back at it, i don't know what i was laughing at. maybe it was the fact that i sorta envied [redacted]. maybe it was that the whole situation on itself was so fucked up it was just laugh worthy.

they started laughing with me with a playful angry look, "oh shut up. she only went to look for me because... well because she doesn't want me to have kids. and she was worried i got... someone pregnant."

i wiped a few tears away and once i processed what they said, i started laughing again, "wha-what!? children? that's so... random!"

they stopped laughing and sighed, "i know but, it's just how my mom is. i stopped questioning her and her rules two years ago."

i stopped laughing and patted his shoulder, i didn't want them to think i was laughing at their trauma. they understood very well and nodded.

what a smart kid.

"i'm not smart, just not dumb."

"you saying that isn't proving your point. it just proves mine, sucker."

i lazily walked into the liquor store for a water. crazy, huh? i heard a huff behind me and footsteps.

i got my things and turned to look at [redacted], "you want anything, pretty girl?" they stared at me and shook their head no, i smiled, "what's the matter?"

"no, nothing."

i hummed in response and got a bag of chips, i knew they wanted something but they were just a bit stunned.

i paid with my dad's card and we walked out of the store with our things.

i slurped on my slushee while [redacted] chomped on their chips.

[omg bars i didn't do that on purpose 💀]

after a while more of walking, that's when i realized.

"hey... where are we going?"

they turned to look at me with a shocked face and a smile.

"i have no idea"

where are we?