Authors Note

You have to read this page to understand the story....I'm sorry.

The story begins in Season 1 Episode 10 'The turning point'. Summary: Logan Fell is now a vampire and attacks several people. He goes to Career Night at the Highschool to get revenge on Liz for hiding his death from the public. Logan kidnaps Caroline. Stefan and Damon save her...

Everything that happened before this episode I don't mind that much, except for the following - In this fanfiction Damon DOES NOT sexually assault Caroline. He sleeps with her one time when she gave her consent, and then for the duration of their 'relationship', he only drinks her blood and compels her to invite him to the Founders party and to Elena's little dinner party, and everything else he compels her to do throughout season 1. Damon also wasn't a Confederate soldier (because what was the point of that).

In my story, Anna decides to get to know Bonnie to use her to get her mother out of the tomb instead of Jeremy. Here is why I think this makes more sense. Anna is a vampire who is over 500 years old. Why wouldn't she just compel Jeremy to give her Johnathan Gilbert's journal? Even if Jeremy was wearing vervain - which he wasn't in the beginning of their relationship - it's canon knowledge that vampires 'older vampires' just rip vervain jewellery off the people they want to compel. Bonnie is a witch who can't be compelled, can psychically sense that a person is a vampire through physical touch, and is the key to opening the tomb. Remember Anna isn't aware of the extent of Bonnie's capabilities over her magic, but she knows that witches can incapacitate vampires without even blinking. Why would Anna, the 500 year old vampire who's been planning her mother's rescue for a century and a half, send a new born vampire who she knows isn't that good at being a vampire yet, to bring Bonnie in? This is the story we should have gotten and no one can tell me otherwise. If the TVD writers were feeling like the homophobic arseholes they were, they could have made Anna a male character. But who doesn't love a queer witch?

Jeremy's story line for the rest of season 1 should have just been him finding out the truth about the supernatural world. I went back and watched all of season 1, and Jeremy and Anna's romantic relationship could have been changed - very minorly, might I add - to have no relevance to him finding out about vampires.

This is how - Instead of Anna confronting Jeremy with their staged meet cute in the school library she meets him during the 1950 decade dance. She takes his vervain bracelet off and compels him to give him Jonathan Gilbert's journal. Jeremy tells her he gave it to Alaric, she gives him his bracelet back and goes looking for the book. During the episode that Bonnie and Grams open the tomb, Anna meets Jeremy at the cemetery party while on her way to the tomb. She takes him to use as a distraction against Stefan so she can get past him and get her mother out of the tomb. While trying to take him, Jeremy sees her vampire face. When he's saved and back home Jeremy lies to Elena about not remembering anything from the night. Jeremy then researches vampires on his computer. Fast forward a few episodes, Vicki's body is found. Jeremy asks Elena whether she thinks anything about Vicki's death is suspicious, she lies and says no. He gets suspicious that she is lying, and he reads Elena's diary, thus finding out the truth about everything.

The majority of the story is told from Bonnie's POV. I tried to keep her clothing style as 2009 as I could.